Thread: New plan for my tank

Default New plan for my tank

Hi All,

Since the hot summer has wiped out most of my coral I have come up with a new plan.

I am going to have a crack at a saltwater planted tank.

I am assuming that I will need to collect most of the flora so it may take some time but sounds like fun.

The only fauna I have is a couple of snails, Mandarin Goby, Pajama Cardinal and a nice pair of black and white clowns.

I do have a couple of small corals left but am expecting them to fade as well.

If anyone has some plant suggestions please let me know.
    Whatever

Hey ado, welcome back mate. I'm venturing into the reef world again myself. Just picked up a new mini reef 120 As for the planted tank I think you'll do fine however you may end up having issues again the summer. Quite a few species of seaweed and macro algae have a chance of going sexual in high temperatures which could mean they release spores and grow all over the tank or cause issues with released toxins they uptake as they grow.

This is my understanding anyway. Can you install a chiller? Setting it high to 27-28 is often enough to save corals and prevent heat issues.

I dont want a chiller. I dont want to spend any more $$$ than I need to. The fish are fine with the higher temps so I just need to drop corals.
    Whatever