Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 60p Nature Scape

Ahhh man this scape is begging for a betta! Though I say that about most tanks...

A quality import from Thailand would complete the look
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
    Ahhh man this scape is begging for a betta! Though I say that about most tanks...

A quality import from Thailand would complete the look
    True, would look at home swimming in the Java Fern, tho I do want to stock with 25 DAE shrimp to start, I did see a nasty video of a Betta attacking an Amano shrimp the other day.

Maybe a couple of blue rams or brilliant apistos? :P

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    True, would look at home swimming in the Java Fern, tho I do want to stock with 25 DAE shrimp to start, I did see a nasty video of a Betta attacking an Amano shrimp the other day.
    I've been pretty lucky with my shrimp so far. All my bettas have chased young RCS but only the giants bother going after the adults. DAE are much bigger than cherries, right? Not saying they won't try but it *could* work.
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Maybe a couple of blue rams or brilliant apistos? :P
    I have been checking out Dwarf gourami's i tend to like them more than Betta's perhaps they are less likely to eat shrimp, will have to do some research

I've been pretty lucky with my shrimp so far. All my bettas have chased young RCS but only the giants bother going after the adults. DAE are much bigger than cherries, right? Not saying they won't try but it *could* work.
    DAE's are a fair bit larger yes so perhaps they will be ok.

Dwarf gouramis are intrepid hunters. Good luck with that.

I'd stick with microfish or dwarf cories.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Colm, if you are going to order some DAE shrimp I'd be keen to go halves with costs etc.
    Andrew
    60 X 40 X 40 fire (jungle 3 sided scape)
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...-old-2ft-tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishandme3 View Post
    Colm, if you are going to order some DAE shrimp I'd be keen to go halves with costs etc.
    Andrew
    No problems, will let you know, was going to hold off a few weeks and let the tank cycle, I have been in contact with Aquagreen they are short on stock but can do 25 DAE's, another option was to order via liverpool creek aquariums and get NQ Algae shrimp.

Tried to take a photo of the stem growth at the back during a water change, kind of tricky but the stems are growing fast! The big bunch to the right was grown as a mini wabi kusa ball, will need to trim the tops when they grown a bit more and fill in some of the gaps, trimmed of most of that dead moss :P

Everything is looking super healthy. Some of your NL Java leaves are longer than my C. Balansae!

Just over a week after I set this up, a lot of the buce melted, said times, there is some new growth in the tangle of buce, the JF is also looking a bit melting in places...
    Starting to see the stems at the back!

IMG_9150 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

I've never had any buce before but I was always under the impression it was almost as indestructible as anubias. Any idea what happened?
    Luke

I've never had any buce before but I was always under the impression it was almost as indestructible as anubias. Any idea what happened?
    Not to sure, I think it can be sensitive to change and I was told when I got some buce locally that they dont like ammonia, but this is the first time ive ever had any melt, they do very well in my other tanks, hopefully bounces back.

Tank seems to have cycled, 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrite, will get some shrimp in soon!

Both can melt bit buce much more often. It does it going from emersed to submersed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Both can melt bit buce much more often. It does it going from emersed to submersed.
    All the buce was already growing submersed, some was doing very well in my grassy cliffs scape but went down hill fast when thru everything in this tank when I was collecting plants and the ammonia spiked

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast