Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 60p Nature Scape

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I notice your inlet and outlet are on the same side... What are your thoughts on that?
    I think its pretty common, its create a circle flow pattern, I normally have a powerhead top right pushing water back towards the filter inlet, Ive never run a tank with the inlet and outlet at opposite ends.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    I think its pretty common, its create a circle flow pattern, I normally have a powerhead top right pushing water back towards the filter inlet, Ive never run a tank with the inlet and outlet at opposite ends.
    Won't the outlet be pushing the waste towards the filter inlet though if they are at opposite ends? Is that note the main point?

Wouldn't all the waste etc end up at the end of the tank with no intake due to the outlet pushing it that way?

Would you do this on a 3 or 4 footer, or do you think it's more common on a smaller tank?

Just curious. I may look into it for my new setup You are obviously doing something right!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Won't the outlet be pushing the waste towards the filter inlet though if they are at opposite ends? Is that note the main point?

Wouldn't all the waste etc end up at the end of the tank with no intake due to the outlet pushing it that way?

Would you do this on a 3 or 4 footer, or do you think it's more common on a smaller tank?

Just curious. I may look into it for my new setup You are obviously doing something right!!!!
    Not sure, really its just the way ive always setup my filters, I guess I only have small tanks so perhaps with a bigger tank it will be better to have the inlet and outlet at opposing ends, someone else may chime in but really if you filter is powerful enough you create a circle flow pattern and with the use of the powerhead front left I think flow is ok for these size tanks (less than 20g)

Snap a bunch of macro photos, out of 50 odd these two made the cut :P The photos show the colour difference between some of the fish, the smaller fish is much more vivid

IMG_0003 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_0032 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 26-07-17 at 09:19 AM.

Again some amazing shots Colm.
    At least a couple came out good. I hate it when you look at the shots and realize you had a setting way off and the whole shoot is a bust..Lol

Can you see yet weather they are male or female? Is there a way to tell?

Probably a male on top (more intense colour) and female on bottom (rounded belly).
    Great shots
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Nice pics indeed. Maybe they have the same amounts of pigment from birth so when they are bigger, it gets spread out?

Thanks guys, most of the Ambers came from Dantrasy (Thanks again Brad!) and then I picked 6 or so from Aquotix not sure which are which anymore, will have to read up on identifying males and females

Bit of live food for a week and then a (cold) water change and you'll soon have heeeaps! Not sure what the survival rates are like in the main tank, but enough that a dozen can self maintain and slowly grow enough that i gave away at least three dozen when i parted with them
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by PiL View Post
    Bit of live food for a week and then a (cold) water change and you'll soon have heeeaps! Not sure what the survival rates are like in the main tank, but enough that a dozen can self maintain and slowly grow enough that i gave away at least three dozen when i parted with them
    Interesting! I really have to get some live food culture going.

Got tired of trying to keep the aquasoil of the sand so I added a few pebbles and some leafs and small cones, I like the natural look, pre-boiled all the leafs and cones so hopefully they dont tint the water to much, tho I dont really mind if they do. Managed to knock the light off the tank while preparing to take this photo, it took a spill and pulled the driftwood over... tho everything seems ok, this is about the 3rd time ive knocked over one of these A-Series lights, they seem sturdy enough to be able to take a few knocks.

IMG_0073_Crop by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_0073 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 12-08-17 at 05:04 PM.

a school of chocolate gouramis would fricken own this set up...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The tank is looking amazing

The needle fern is so big. Mine is only 1/20th of the size your's is

Also where did you get those leaves from? Nice idea of scattering them around the tank. Just adds to the natural look.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    The tank is looking amazing

The needle fern is so big. Mine is only 1/20th of the size your's is

Also where did you get those leaves from? Nice idea of scattering them around the tank. Just adds to the natural look.
    They are "Tantora Indian Almond Leaves nano", I think I got these from the Jag aqua website, that was the only place online i could find the nano size, would prefer smaller but I just broke a few up and use 2 full sized leaves.

I was able to start with fairly long needle fern, but it has grown a fair bit, one long leaf almost reaches across the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by PiL View Post
    a school of chocolate gouramis would fricken own this set up...
    True, they would probably suit the setup now, never considered them before, dont think I can add any more fish to this setup with the current small filter, the leaf litter has definitely stained the water a bit, I better keep an eye on the PH level that it doesnt drop to low, tho I read embers like water in the ph range of 5-7ph

i'll just leave this here..
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast