Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Planted CPD Breding Setup

Quote Originally Posted by bolsy View Post
    Rapa, Do you use dKH 4 solution in your drop checker. Have done some checking and the guys that use drop checkers use it as well as the solution that comes with the drop checker. They say that without the dKH4 solution it's unreliable. If you search on you tube they explain it.
    I just use the solution it came with. Up Aqua drop checker so should be somewhat reliable considering the company is fairly large and well known. The co2 is diffused straight into the filter so all the bubbles go through the impeller anyway. I also compare pH to KH and use that co2 chart to check levels and they're above 30ppm.

Something is limited in your tank, which is hindering the nutrient uptake of the plants it may just be the other ferts you were using just weren't good enough and now the plants are recovering. you will know soon enough the effected leaves will probably rot away, look for new growth if you start seeing that then they will recover and it was the old ferts that were the limiting factor. If this lot of pogo die like the last now that you are using EI then it's not the ferts.
    Not all mid-life crisis involve a sports car

Quote Originally Posted by bolsy View Post
    Something is limited in your tank, which is hindering the nutrient uptake of the plants it may just be the other ferts you were using just weren't good enough and now the plants are recovering. you will know soon enough the effected leaves will probably rot away, look for new growth if you start seeing that then they will recover and it was the old ferts that were the limiting factor. If this lot of pogo die like the last now that you are using EI then it's not the ferts.
    Thats what I'm thinking too. Guess I'll find out if it's the Ferts in a few weeks time

30 odd eggs today in the breeding trap

whats your trap setup success like?

Quote Originally Posted by foxpuppet View Post
    whats your trap setup success like?
    You can see it in the most recent full tank photo works great. Mostly I get 25-35 eggs a day or 2 after a water change and then maybe another 30 throughout the rest of the week. Just need the fry to grow faster.

How are the plants going? Responding to the new ferts?

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    How are the plants going? Responding to the new ferts?
    Absolutely, may not seem like much at the moment but I'm getting all algae under control and should be looking very lush in 6 weeks. Added some macaranda and rotala wallichi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapayich View Post
    Absolutely, may not seem like much at the moment but I'm getting all algae under control and should be looking very lush in 6 weeks. Added some macaranda and rotala wallichi.
    Looking much better! What do you feed for CPDs?

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Looking much better! What do you feed for CPDs?
    Usually a mixture of brine shrimp, spectrum small fish formula and microworms but at the moment just microworms as that's the only thing the fry can eat

Week 18

Now have 30 fry in the main tank developing a little bit of colour and spots. Plenty more fry in smaller tanks.

Feel free to Private Message me if you are interested in fry, I have plenty to unload.

Photo Update:

Algae issues slowly being solved. Added 3 otos to help out. HC carpet ripped up as it was getting covered in BBA, now hoping for pogostemon helferi to cover foreground eventually.

Continuously getting eggs, yet the fish are extremely slow growing and running out of room to raise them. I've had approx 100 eggs within a week :-)

well done, mate!
    so neat and clean.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Wow that must the best looking breeding tank around!

Thanks guys hopefully I can start giving the background plants some shape once they grow some more

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast