Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planted CPD Breding Setup

Default Planted CPD Breding Setup

Just starting a little planted Celestial Pearl Danios Breeding setup. Got two 40l tanks, one of them split into three. Plan on using a slightly different method of breeding to normal which I used successfully before. By having a carpet plant such as HC or MC I have found that CPD's lay there eggs in there and these can simply be siphoned out and place into separate tanks. Have done this before with HC so hopefully it works with MC.

Equipment
    X2 40l Aquariums (One split into three for fry)
    X2 50w Worx Heaters
    X1 9l ADA amazonia soil
    X2 45cm UP Aqua Pro Z LED
    X1 AquaClear 30 HOB
    X3 Sponge Filters
    X1TetraTec APS 100
    X1 400g Co2 Cylinder Sourced Locally
    X1 WYIN regulator no solenoid

Still waiting on a lot of little bits and pieces so both tanks aren't fully setup yet but this is the progress so far

Two Pieces of Goldvine for harscape

Used leftover Amazonia for fry tanks even though it probably wasn't needed

Attaching Riccia, Java Fern Windevlov and Native Weeping Moss to hard scape

First Tank Filled

How long do you guys reckon before I purchase fish. Tank has been setup about 3 days now. Have been doing daily water changes to reduce ammonia leaching from aquasoil.

Also, I'm getting a white slimy buildup on gold vine I'm assuming this will eventually stop growing or will I need a cleanup crew to help.

Haven't got all the co2 equipment yet but will probably change plants up a bit when I do

Cheers
    Last edited by Rapayich; 12-12-16 at 08:56 PM.

Update:

Made a few small changes to the positioning of plants in the tank as I'm making room for higher tech plants such as mini pelia, star moss or fissidens on the wood. Some alanthera reineckii mini, pogosemon helferi and maybe some different background plants. Also got a few cherry shrimp to help the tank cycle, already have 3 or 4 berried and a few babies crawling around the tank.

If any of you guys have these plants for sale or a spare co2 cylinder please PM me!

Update:

Made a few small changes to the positioning of plants in the tank as I'm making room for higher tech plants such as mini pelia, star moss or fissidens on the wood. Some alanthera reineckii mini, pogosemon helferi and maybe some different background plants. Also got a few cherry shrimp to help the tank cycle, already have 3 or 4 berried and a few babies crawling around the tank.

If any of you guys have these plants for sale or a spare co2 cylinder please PM me!

looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by al4n View Post
    looks great!
    Cheers mate!

Are you going to be using egg collection traps. They are the best thing. I use them for my Danio Erythromicron breeding. Hope they will fit in the devided tank.

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...icron-spawning

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by mundi View Post
    Are you going to be using egg collection traps. They are the best thing. I use them for my Danio Erythromicron breeding. Hope they will fit in the devided tank.

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...icron-spawning

Tim.
    Have been keeping a close eye on your thread Mundi, looks to be working a treat. To start with I plan on moving the cpds into the breeder tanks for 24-48 hrs with Java moss and then moving them back to the main tank and see how that goes. Later when the Monte Carlo carpet is filled in I hope to siphon eggs out of there as I use to do with a HC carpet. If both fails will definitely look into the egg traps.

Does anyone know how long ADA soil will hold its buffering ability for? KH is at one or lower and pH is around 6-6.5 would prefer both these parameters to be higher for the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rapayich View Post
    Does anyone know how long ADA soil will hold its buffering ability for? KH is at one or lower and pH is around 6-6.5 would prefer both these parameters to be higher for the fish
    Depends on your water change frequency and tap water parameters. On average about 18 months plus or minus a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Depends on your water change frequency and tap water parameters. On average about 18 months plus or minus a few months.
    Ok fair enough might have to get some crushed coral for the filter to counter the buffer

Got some CPD's today 5 from one shop ( 3 Female and two male) to go into the main tank and a nice pair from another shop to go straight into a breeder tank. The idea of this is to have a wider variety of bloodlines as they won't interbreed too much.

Tried taking a video on my phone but not sure if it will work or not. My brother also got a new camera which he took a better while tank photo with.

Edit: Not going to worry about the video for now, will wait till I can shoot one that isn't in my phone
    Last edited by Rapayich; 28-12-16 at 12:10 AM.

Looking good. I don't think the photobucket video can be embedded? Maybe someone else may know how.
    Last edited by Rebel; 27-12-16 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looking good. I don't think the photobucket video can be embedded? Maybe someone else may know how.
    Yeah might be worthwhile setting up a YouTube account for it the quality of the video is much worse on Photobucket too
    Last edited by Rapayich; 27-12-16 at 11:22 PM.

Took a while but finally got some OK photos using my phone.

Nice looking male! How many CPDs do you have in this tank?
    60 X 40 X 40 fire (jungle 3 sided scape)
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...-old-2ft-tank)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast