Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Planted CPD Breding Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Fishandme3 View Post
    Nice looking male! How many CPDs do you have in this tank?
    7 in total, 3 males 4 females

Nice fish How orange are his fins in person? They appear to be more of a light orange pushing toward yellow compared to mine. Mine are quite a dark orange colour, pushing toward red. Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Nice fish How orange are his fins in person? They appear to be more of a light orange pushing toward yellow compared to mine. Mine are quite a dark orange colour, pushing toward red. Just curious
    Yeah they almost seem more yellow in person however one of them has more orange fins. Hopefully they go a darker red when they're more comfortable and have grown a bit more, not sure if full size yet. Maybe with the help of some high quality NLS food they'll darken over time.

Interesting to see the differences. Wonder if its a colour morph or a cross or something? Keeping an eye on this thread in future Good luck!

Week 3:
    Small update - got my other LED light last week so both tanks now have all their equipment. Have put some Java Moss into the breeder tanks and moved the fish into the breeders as well. Found 7 fry in the main tank after moving fish out and have since moved them into a breeder tank. Will try get some pictures of them tomorrow. Also gonna be getting some tonnia fluvitalis (if that's how you spell it) to replace the stem at the back left and some pogostemon helferi and reineckii mini for the foreground and mini pelia for the wood.
    Last edited by Rapayich; 06-01-17 at 09:05 PM.

Bolsy was kind enough to give me a heap of pogostemon helferi clippings for free and I'm very happy with them. Brother also took some photos for me today.

Last edited by Rapayich; 07-01-17 at 06:57 PM.

Looks good where you have put the line of pogo, well done!!
    Not all mid-life crisis involve a sports car

Tanks look good, well done

If you want to "fast track" the breeding a little (if your not getting many/any fry in the breeding planted tank), grab out 1 male and 2 females. Put them in the one of the fry tanks for 2-3 days and feed them heavily. Then remove the 3 fish and wait for fry

EDIT: Ignore the last sentence, misread your post and realised you do have fish in the tank as i suggested haha.
    Last edited by indir; 08-01-17 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks guys, all good indir I'll try get some good pictures of the fry when they grow some more

Looking good.

It's summer time... leave a bucket out to collect rain water and black mozzie larvae. That should get the fish happy and readily breeding!

Quote Originally Posted by eciuj View Post
    Looking good.

It's summer time... leave a bucket out to collect rain water and black mozzie larvae. That should get the fish happy and readily breeding!
    Never heard of this method! Is this to feed adults or fry?

One pro Z LED is proving not enough for the planted tank so I'm planning on moving both over to the planted tank. Any suggestions for a cheap LED option for the 50cm breeder?

Chihiro A series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Chihiro A series.
    They look good and not too pricey either. Also considering an aquasky and selling one of the pro z

Rapa, personally I would buy an UpAqua Pro U before I would buy an Aquasky. I have a MML panel over my 4ft. Aquasky are .3w leds from memory. should have .5w min.
    Not all mid-life crisis involve a sports car

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast