Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L. meeboldii 'Red': Flowering Efforts So Far

Hey Grubs, I always wondered why you didn't comment here considering you've told me in the past Lagenandra meeboldii "Red" was once one of your "Holy Grail" plants!

They have a huge spathe but the leaves are huge-er, it makes photographing the flower when connected to the plant pretty much impossible. The next flower I catch I think I'll snip the plant and pot up the cutting into another pot and photograph that. It's probably the only way it's going to happen.

Submersed I have, I didn't have much luck at all. A new leaf would shoot and the oldest one would melt away, and slowly the old leaves melting was happening faster than new leaves were shooting and I moved it emersed. I'll give it another shot one day...

It's doing really well in the cooler weather, there are probably at least three flowers going off at any one time and it doesn't really look any different to the pic I posted before. Really easy to grow and is hardy like you wouldn't believe - someone I know in Brisbane has even been able to grow just like a pot plant in regular humidity.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

When I get busy I dont visit the forum often and the "whats new" link is my bookmark so threads often come and go and I dont see them for months. However..... I went looking and found a small bud on my emersed meeboldii today!

Last edited by Grubs; 15-08-18 at 08:43 AM.

Sorry about the slow reply, Grubs. Your plant looks great!

I've got the hang of meeboldii now, and I should have ovata on its way from an aroid enthusiast in FNQ soon too. The below plants are a pic I took a few days ago. They are all clones of one another, so from one of those four plants I got back at the beginning of this thread it has created all of these. There are multiple flowers going off under the leaves and I'm hoping there are some springtails in there to pollinate at least one.

Pic taken at end of January, 2019.
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 31-01-19 at 03:07 PM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12