Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the forum issues

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Isn't that expected though Rebel? They post heaps in the beginning, learn the ropes of the hobby and their experience and skill level grow, then posts slow down as they help other new members or post more advanced things less often etc, and the process repeats.

Isn't that success in this situation?
    Yes definitely. What I wanted to know is how long they hang around on average. That would predict how quickly the forum would be expected to decline in the case there are no new registrations.

Just nerding out a little... (and loving it!)

Back on track folks.

@Grahama - Yes, that is the other likely one haha. But either way they'll come back to the site anyway!! :P

@Rebel - Would need access to analytics to work that out I think. I'm not sure if the phpbb has this functionality prebuilt into it, but i'm sure its more than possible to get these statistics and create your geeky bell curve haha.

I'm over the issues also.

I even wanted to become a forum sponsor, but the owner has not sent me the paperwork that I had ask for twice.

So I have started working on my own forum now
    It is still a work in progress and I am up for suggestions.

And yes I know that this is against forum rules, but I have been left with no choice.
    Last edited by Graeme; 28-10-16 at 07:13 AM. Reason: advertising a forum that you own
    TRUE AQUATIC WHOLESALE AQUARIUM PLANTS
    https://trueaquatic.com.au/

Folke, while it would be nice to have another forum that can take over I don't think the wealth of knowledge that is already on this forum is worth losing so easily. But I guess if nothing else is possible then we will all be left with no option but to migrate to a new forum anyway. Props for taking the initiative and kicking something off!

I've shot a message to Graeme, hopefully can get in touch with the forum owner so we can get some things in motion for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nautilusly View Post
    +1

Sadly it is already happening if you haven't noticed the reduced forum activity and topic diversity.

That is a terrifying image!!! Looks like he spilled 35% hydrogen peroxide AND 50% glut on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Folke View Post
    I'm over the issues also.

I even wanted to become a forum sponsor, but the owner has not sent me the paperwork that I had ask for twice.

So I have started working on my own forum now
    It is still a work in progress and I am up for suggestions.

And yes I know that this is against forum rules, but I have been left with no choice.
    Hey Folke, is that forum software based on discourse? If so, that's awesome. Love discourse.org. They are also testing push notifications via app etc. wow you are brave to include uploads though. Nice work.

PS: please reserve username Rebel for me...

Hey Rebel. The platform is wordpress with bbpress.
    Feel free to signup with your username whenever it suits you.

Has it ever been suggested to move to tapatalk?
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

Quote Originally Posted by daimen View Post
    Has it ever been suggested to move to tapatalk?
    Tapatalk is just a plugin that you can use on most forums. I'd install it on my forum if enough people ask for it

I only ever use tapatalk if theres no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageofaquariums View Post
    I only ever use tapatalk if theres no other option.
    Personally I think tapatalk is an out dated system. Most sites these days are highly compatible with all sorts of mobile devices. ie
    Last edited by Graeme; 28-10-16 at 07:14 AM. Reason: advertising forum, do it again and you are banned

@AOA, I have never downloaded tapatalk either. Some swear by it. I guess it's useful if you frequent many forums.

People will deal with any devil if it makes uploading photos easier. The dream of course is a forum that gives users a decent amount of upload, so it all goes to the forum and you dont have to worry about 3rd party nightmares like photobucket. You want it as n00b friendly as facebook!

@AOA - Problem with that type of forum is it requires large amounts of space and bandwidth to run, which means very high costs. That will grow exponentially as the forum ages. I believe this forum has the ability to donate for a larger space for uploading pictures though. I guess at the end of the day it depends on who is willing to "donate" or purchase this feature, otherwise the forum would be unable to keep up with running costs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast