Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the forum issues

Shame it would be. I have recently told quite a few people to join and wondered why they haven't.

Yes, I've done the same...just chasing people away atm
    60 X 40 X 40 fire (jungle 3 sided scape)
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...-old-2ft-tank)

Is it affecting only some registrations or all registrations? If it's the former, it may be hard to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Is it affecting only some registrations or all registrations? If it's the former, it may be hard to fix.
    Given that we haven't had any new member since mid June, i'd say its all new member registration. the forum would've easily lost 1000+ new members to date due to the malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Only the new ones
    I have had another whinge, hopefully it gets sorted soon

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Quote Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
    Shame it would be. I have recently told quite a few people to join and wondered why they haven't.
    Same.
    This is the place for planted ppl man.
    "AQUIS have proven on numerous occasion to have a distinct lack of humour." ~ saundo

I was contacted by someone on FB trying to join. They've been trying for ages apparently. Graeme, can you manually sign them up? I can send you the details on FB.

Would be great to get this place sorted for new members as we constantly recommend aquariumlife to new scapers. The whole unable to join bug totally sabotages this tho.

Graeme, sent you a PM mate. I'm with the others, it would be great for this joint to kick back into gear with new memebers else the forum will slowly but surely die off.

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Graeme, sent you a PM mate. I'm with the others, it would be great for this joint to kick back into gear with new memebers else the forum will slowly but surely die off.
    +1

Sadly it is already happening if you haven't noticed the reduced forum activity and topic diversity.

Last edited by nautilusly; 27-10-16 at 11:23 AM.

Bring back the AL T shirts and hats... we will wear them proud....

Agreed nautilusly, Sad to see. New hobbyists are what keep forums like this ticking in the long run, and the awesome members we have here.

I love this forum, its been my home for fishy hobby goodness! With a little love and attention this bad boy will be number 1 forum again i say!
    Last edited by indir; 27-10-16 at 10:28 AM.

Slightly off topic but relevant.

I wonder whether it's possible to plot the members join date and level of activity in a graph where the X axis is time....Surely it may look like a bell curve for most...

Isn't that expected though Rebel? They post heaps in the beginning, learn the ropes of the hobby and their experience and skill level grow, then posts slow down as they help other new members or post more advanced things less often etc, and the process repeats.

Isn't that success in this situation?

Or a sign wave as they lose interest or life gets too busy for fish tanks, and then we come back because we can't resist.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast