Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cryptocoryne spec. 'Flamingo' Update Thread

Nice persistence Crypto! I have a feeling that this plant will be a more boutique plant perhaps for the dedicated dutch plantsman or perhaps collector.

Hoping you can get some going in submerged. Maybe it won't melt if it has wendtii roots?

I think personally that the issue is with the shortage of established plants to begin with. I think that's mainly what is the contributing factor to some people's lack of success growing submersed and the continuing rarity of such a sought-after and popular plant. For example, the plants may melt back or start off slow, going downhill until eventually the plant just doesn't have the energy stores to push through the tough initial transition shock, or if it gets past that, enough to come into its own before someone decides that it's just not performing well, sells it on and the cycle starts all over again...

I'll try some submerged soon and get you some info about how they go, Rebel. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 03-09-17 at 06:51 AM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

The "line" plant is showing a lot of pink at the moment. The smaller or less established the plant the more white/pink the leaves seem to be in my experience.

Some smaller ones...
    http://imgur.com/cK4wbnt.jpeg
    http://imgur.com/TBOTTc5.jpeg
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 20-11-17 at 01:33 PM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123