Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Island Dreams; 60x45x45

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Boys this is available in different sizes. I will need to double check price although I don't remember it being $40?? TBH when I am at the LFS, sometimes impulse buys do happen.....

https://www.thetechden.com.au/Fluval...60_p/fgv02.htm

I think this one is about 30cm but will see whether I kept the box or measure. There is a smaller attachment for nano tanks that came in the box.
    Cheers.

I found them on eBay as well. I have an eBay voucher that i can use to get it even cheaper. The smaller one is good enough for my tanks.

Just to confirm the gravel cleaner is 30cm version. It was $25 at the LFS. Probably cheaper online! It's pretty good IMHO, but I wish that the adjustment knob was easier to operate quickly. I only gravel clean occasionally though so it doesn't really matter. The hoses are super soft and flexible which is a massive plus.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rescape completely! Feels good!
    Btw, so jealous of that picture, details (exposure, etc)?
    Hmm I will need to double check. It might be a double exposure HDR.... The top of tank can blow out if you just use one exposure.

Happy New Year!

Tank is a little over grown but I need to double check on my Erio and Mini pelia which have been totally swamped by ferns mainly....

2019-01-03_11-39-39 by Reb El, on Flickr

Did trim recently so have plenty of Trident if peeps are interested...

The temperatures were creeping up to 28 at one stage so installed my dual fan which has now brought it down to 24. Since I have the Jebao doser 'auto topping', I just doubled the refill rate to compensate for the evaporation.

I also modded one of Chihiro lights with a dual row RGB LED in the middle. Although the typical RGB 5050 LEDs have a blue bias, I really love the resultant colour with dual RGB and dual 6500K strips (original). The greens and more green than yellow and the reds pop slightly more. This is indeed a poor mans RGB mod which is quite easy if you can solder.

I have had to turn up the light to level 5 which means it runs at 42 degrees now. Time will tell whether this is sustainable. I feel that it might need a fan.....

I found a source for mozzie wrigglers and the fish absolutely love it.

Recently trimming means that I can see the tank better with less clutter. I still have to tidy up the right side which seems to be forever messy....

Slowly the collection of micro/mini java, Anubias pangalino is growiing although I need to up the ante on the propogation. I do have some plans for a 4 footer but it's up in the air at the moment. Buce is doing well. Cypress helferi needs to be thinned as it has become giant at the back but it gets BBA in the leaves. Crinum has grown well in the pot. My Erio shiga has almost been lost but hopefully it will return.....

2019-06-01_05-10-11 by Reb El, on Flickr

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920