Thread: Patient Plants

Default Patient Plants

Just thought I'd post some photos of how some of the plants in their temporary potting arrangements are doing while awaiting the completion of the hothouse. Yes, for those who have been asking, I am also in the process of starting a thread for documenting the hothouse build, and that should be posted some time in the future, all things going to plan.

Two Echinodorus 'Barthii' have begun to sprout from a large, previously dried rhizome.

Small Echinodorus macrophyllus seem to be thriving without much humidity.

The Cryptocoryne crispatula var. kubotae getting a bit larger since I last posted a photo of it.

Cryptocoryne parva seeming to be loving its current conditions.
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 03-12-16 at 01:28 PM.

Just to update, I caught the Cryptocoryne walkeri (originally bought from LCA) putting up its first inflorescence this morning (21/07/16).

Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 08-09-16 at 03:29 PM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

I came across another two walkeri inflorescences today (06/08/16) and got some better photos of the spathe. There's definitely a lack of that yellow/green colouration the species is known for.

Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 02-10-16 at 12:56 PM.

These are just a few of the Cryptocoryne species which are bagged at the moment. Most species are growing rapidly except for the cordata var. siamensis group (siamensis, siamensis "Blassii", siamensis "Rosenervig") which seem to be growing faster emerse from corm material than the adult plants (possibly from not needing to transition?).

C. wendtii "Tropica"

C. undulata "Red"

And some Echinodorus...

E. xgabrielii with a new plant sprouting from the rhizome.

A small E. xgabrielii.

Update to the bagged Cryptocoryne species (8/09/16):

A C. beckettii is starting to put up a spathe only three months after being transferred from submerse to emerse (11/09/16)... and a few days after once the spathe has opened (18/09/16)
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 24-03-17 at 09:26 AM.