Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Grassy Cliffs - 2ft 14g

Some nice photo's there. That Bruce is looking really good.

Updated front on shot, not much to report, slow growth due the the cover of frogbit which I have started to thin out.

IMG_7811 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Wow, very nice

I think I am going to pull down this scape, I need to take the stand down as it was on wheels and is just not stable as I have been shifting the stand around the room and the casters are not looking great. I will be adding the 45p next door which will add more weight, going to take the opportunity to upgrade to a nicer 60p. Which tank would you buy

ADA Garden Cube 60p - $110
    Fire Aqua 60p - $89

The Fire Aqua 45p sits just next to this tank so I am leaning towards the fire tank, have never owned a ADA tank so its temping...

Fire seems to be 60x45x45 whereas ADA 60x30x36?

In that case, it won't be about brand, but more about the aspect ratio that you prefer. The former will hold significantly more water though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Fire seems to be 60x45x45 whereas ADA 60x30x36?

In that case, it won't be about brand, but more about the aspect ratio that you prefer. The former will hold significantly more water though.
    Fire make a tank the exact same size as the ADA 60p 45cm wide will not fit on the current stand, bigger would be better but not an option here. I guess they are both low iron glass so I may just go the cheaper tank.

This has been discussed. Apparently ADA may well be better than Fire in terms of glass bit not noticeable unless you have them side by side. Both at 6mm?

yah both 6mm, I think i will go fire as they will be side by side and all my other tanks are fire brand also.

Yep thats $20 you can spend on plants or co2.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post

IMG_7811 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
    This is a great scape indeed. I just had a good look at it on a computer monitor. Great scale etc. Love how you have larger plants on the front and smaller at the back. Perhaps take a picture after removing all the froggie bits/equipment etc just for kicks and giggles.

Thanks Rebel, Yes I will try take a "final photo" of sorts, photo below of how it was looking a few weeks ago, looks worse now as I added a heap more plants for my 45p (which I may actually scape in a 60p) and use the MC out of this for a nice minimal scape in the 45p, there is not going to be much room to move for what I have planned for my nature style scape, so makes sense to do the nature scape / drift wood in the 60 and a iwagumi in the 45p

Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 03-03-17 at 02:47 PM.

Final photo below, I pulled this tank down today to get ready for my 60p nature scape, will use the MC and mosses in a new iwagumi in the 45p, basically took all day to clean the tank out and set up the 60p in its place, as I has been using this tank as a holding tank it was rather dirty but still looks alright in this photo. Catching all the shrimp was a really pain.

IMG_8758 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 20-03-17 at 08:25 PM.

Great final photo! Gotta be happy with that.

I love the way the tallest rock is only millimetres away from touching its reflection
    Luke

Nice final pic. Congrats for a great scape.

Waiting for next!

Next time, you need some tetras for the negative space.
    Last edited by Rebel; 21-03-17 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks guys, would have been nice to get some fish in there, but in the end I had to break it down for a new tank, next time I wont wait so long before stocking with some fish.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011