Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassy Cliffs - 2ft 14g

Default Grassy Cliffs - 2ft 14g

Hi guys, finally going to put this old 2ft tank ive had hanging around to use, plan is to have two "cliffs" with path down the middle, will top the cliffs with Monte Carlo as this one wont have Co2, and the MC should be nice and close to the light at the top of the stones.

Trying to just left over bits and pieces but have run out of stone (or need to smash up some bigger chunks) Hard scape is a work in progress but I really want to get this one into DSM ASAP, will try get some more stone this weekend.

Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 22-08-16 at 02:55 PM.

So rather than sleep I decided to smash some stones up and flesh this one out some more.

Mockup of what I want to try achieve with the planting of the MC... now to buy a buy a bunch on the weekend

Great scape! a proper minimalist iwagumi, my favourite! If i can suggest anything it's try add some really small pieces of rock infront of cliffs to give a better sense of scale.

The MC will look awesome! anything else?? maybe some fissidens between the rocks? some pellia in some of the grooves to act as shrubs?? let me know if i can help with plants

Thanks dude, Yes good idea with some small rocks in front of the cliffs, will get onto that! I am thinking it mite need some more height, I will go hunt down some more rocks this weekend.

I have some fissidens so I should glue some / stuff some in between the rocks. Would love to get some Pellia, let me know if you have any!

I agree with the more height, i think my greatest regret with a lot of my scapes i not utilising more of the height - which means you have to rely more on plants... I'd suggest using anything more than 2/3 of the height, just use more lava stone. Then the smaller rocks in front will hide the lava rock under the big display rocks.

Yep should have some spare i've also glued some to lava rock!

Quote Originally Posted by a_ramo View Post
    I agree with the more height, i think my greatest regret with a lot of my scapes i not utilising more of the height - which means you have to rely more on plants... I'd suggest using anything more than 2/3 of the height, just use more lava stone. Then the smaller rocks in front will hide the lava rock under the big display rocks.

Yep should have some spare i've also glued some to lava rock!
    Went a brought a bunch more stone from aquarium gallery perth and the last little bit of MC they had in store, should be enough to plant this out tomorrow !

Cant wait to see mate !!

Looks so good so far

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Got this tank planted today with MC and some fissidens. Not 100% on the rock back left (kind of overhands) Mite pull that one out. Will let this dry start for a few months!

With the hight of the ikea cube shelf the tank is sitting on this is the eye sight view of the tank

Some other shots

Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 19-06-16 at 02:54 PM.

Personally I think it looks great! Don't touch it... Will look quite dramatic once all filled in! Agree with other comments al little bit of fissendens here and there will complete it nicely
    60 X 40 X 40 fire (jungle 3 sided scape)
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...-old-2ft-tank)

Really nice arrangement.

The highest stone on LHS has a haunting but very interesting impact on the scape. I like it.

Thanks guys, yes that tallest stone looks a bit scary / evil. Would be more balanced without it but I like it. I have Glued the odd bit of fissendens onto lava stone but the moss was very dark / brown, will see how it goes.

Really nice indeed! Personally I would have gone for more height but that would be more expensive unless you do egg crate method.

Fissidens (unlike minipelia which is painfully slow) will grow in low tech I reckon. I would like to see how the MC grows here. Don't mind a nice tank with low maintenance carpets. HC is driving me crazy lately and I only have a small tank.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Rebel, I agree I would like more hight with the soil at the back, I used all I had, even had to break down a jar-scape I had put together to raid the aquasoil from it.

Tho with the location of the tank you never see it at eye level so it kind of works well for the location, but not as well for the standard "front-on" tank shot.

Fair call.

Have a look at this fellow unless you have seen already.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OqRwjZIzhU

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast