Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Monte Carlo Mountains - 12g Bookshelf

Default Monte Carlo Mountains - 12g Bookshelf

Hi guys, just totally rescaped my 12g fire bookshelf tank.

Fire bookshelf tank. 90cm Length x 25cm Height x 21cm Depth in 8mm low iron clear glass.
    Hardscape - Seiryu stone
    Plants - Monte Carlo
    Substrate - Recycled the Aquasoil from the last scape.

Will let it DSM for a few weeks I think. Once flooded I will add some mosses. Hoping to keep this one low maintenance.
    Any tips on how best to remove the calcium(?) buildup around the top of the tank?

Day 01

Day 09

Day 25

Day 33

Day 40

Day 60(ish)

Day 70(ish)
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 22-08-16 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Hi guys, just totally rescaped my 10g fire bookshelf tank.

Fire bookshelf tank. 90cm Length x 25cm Height x 21cm Depth in 8mm low iron clear glass.
    Hardscape - Seiryu stone
    Plants - Monte Carlo
    Substrate - Recycled the Aquasoil from the last scape.

Will let it DSM for a few weeks I think. Once flooded I will add some mosses. Hoping to keep this one low maintenance.

Day 01

Any tips on how best to remove the calcium(?) buildup around the top of the tank?
    NICE! Am having plans on doing the same to my Mr Aqua 12g when I am done with the DSM test in a smaller tank with 'Monte Carlo'.

Nice rock work! you've certainly done this before

Quote Originally Posted by nautilusly View Post
    Nice rock work! you've certainly done this before
    For sure, he can come and do mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCrabs View Post
    For sure, he can come and do mine now.
    Cheers guys, only my 3rd scape really, didnt really do any planing but came together nicely. Tho I am not to sure about the big rock sticking out above the water line, I can lower that one down, which I think I will do before I flood the tank.

I did plan on using a lot more stone, I have about the same amount left over so I mite add a few more smaller stones when i get the chances to smash up some of the bigger left over chunks

I like the height from the big stone but it tilts slightly in the wrong direction IMO, opposite to the flow of the other stones

Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    I like the height from the big stone but it tilts slightly in the wrong direction IMO, opposite to the flow of the other stones
    Hmm now that i look at it I see your point, mite rotate it before flooding

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Cheers guys, only my 3rd scape really, didnt really do any planing but came together nicely. Tho I am not to sure about the big rock sticking out above the water line, I can lower that one down, which I think I will do before I flood the tank.

I did plan on using a lot more stone, I have about the same amount left over so I mite add a few more smaller stones when i get the chances to smash up some of the bigger left over chunks
    i think the big stone looks great. many people have driftwood sticking out above the water but this is the first time i see rock sticking out - very fresh

if anything the stone right in the center looks a bit sharp. i would prefer a more ragged one

Quote Originally Posted by nautilusly View Post
    i think the big stone looks great. many people have driftwood sticking out above the water but this is the first time i see rock sticking out - very fresh

if anything the stone right in the center looks a bit sharp. i would prefer a more ragged one
    Yep that guy looks a bit out of place, nothing is to set in stone :P some changes are bound to happen, now to read up on how best to manage a dry start haha

Try vinegar for calcium buildup... Scape looks nice.

May want to level out the substrate across the front to remove the hump in the middle along the glass.

CLR from Bunnings or Coles on a rag will remove the calcium also.

Tim.

Cheers guys will get some CLR! I levelled out some of the substrate across the front, tho I dont really mind it being higher in the middle, I am sure when I flood the tank it will all move / level out somewhat.

This'll look shit hot when it's fully grown in, will look like a show piece, don't do anything else to it, leave it as it, will look great grown, flooded with some shrimp or small fish in there.

Nice scape look forward to seeing it progress. I'm doing very similar style except with pagoda stone and mc in a 45cm cube

Thanks for the comments guys, How will Fissidens grow while in the dry start stage? I have bunch I would like to glue to some lava rock and place around the base of the larger stones, I was going to wait until I flood but I want to fiddle with the tank again and perhaps the fiss will benefit from a dry start?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast