Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guppy and endler appreciation thread; picture heavy

Rod...they ARE pure. You are getting Blond simply because the recessive genes are getting a chance to express themselves in a homozygous state in your tanks.
    This is evolution and a very good example of how humans unwittingly facilitate the event.

Fair enough....anyone got a strain without recessive genes....can swap for Blond ones....

Classic.....thanx for the laugh,Rod.
    I'm sure there are plenty of gentlemen who would prefer your Blonds, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrae View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of gentlemen who would prefer your Blonds, mate.
    I know I'm one of these people! And yes, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a colony of endlers (in Australia, anyway) that don't throw out blondes (is it "blonde" or "blond"?) every now and then. I know I've found blondes in almost every colony I've had (but have found that red-coloured varieties seem to throw them a lot more regularly than others).
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 09-09-16 at 07:58 PM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

Interesting. First tiger females I have seen with colour and pattern in tail. Look like green cobra girls almost.
    "AQUIS have proven on numerous occasion to have a distinct lack of humour." ~ saundo

HOW RUDE!!! I admire your ability to ruthlessly adhere to a plan and now I need at least another thirty tanks if I'm to 'come clean!'.
    Pisspooshitbum!*#%>>>>><<<<<! Seriously.
    So, in the first tank you have a Bronze Magenta Metal Speartail male with Bronze Magenta female.
    Second tank, similar pair.....between the two, looks like youre getting closer to some nice Speartails there and the accompanying long,pointed dorsals.
    Third tank looks like Japan Blue Metal with some Pingu or Panda influence in the peduncle.....noice!
    Fourth tank....guessing a Metal Tiger with a Bronze female showing that peduncular anomaly?

Well that was boring dude....won't get me fangin' for your culls like some desperate child...ok yes you will.Bring on the culls!

The fish love being chased , netted and photographed. The colours get muted during this process.
    The first pair male is a lovely metal head covered in platinum and influenced by magenta , the female is bronze magenta so spot on there.
    Second pair is a very old retired male that produces stunning fish mated to a typical AR magenta female , she too produces the good stuff. So exciting stuff there.

Third pair ingredients are tiger Endler cross Japan blue cross ATGF half thumb blue grass using only blond females from the first cross and second cross. Then using magenta before finally crossing with AR magenta. These fish are F4-F5 as you can see I like my silver blue fish.
    The fourth pair female is as above showing more magenta in the peduncle as AR expertly pointed out.
    I paired that with an emerald tiger for a bit of fun.

Above 2016 virgin males - haven't got the space or any ideas to use them.

Looking great Nils. The colony I got from you is doing great. They are about to move to bigger quarters so I'll try to get some photos. I want to do something with the blues too but haven't worked out what yet.

Also just got some Alan Bias lower swords, Santa Maria bleeding hearts and akarawat multicolour so I will try to get some more photos to add to the thread

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast