Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my pond day 1 with some progress pics

Default my pond day 1 with some progress pics

Morning every one, some pics of my pond 4x3x1.4m. 4" bottom aerated drain, 4'' skimmer and 4 x educator jets. Waterproofing will be 2 layers of 450gsm matting with the final coat being black flow coat

20.5 ton wheel barrowed to the front, more pics to come

Nice big pond. Very jealous.

Man that excavator only just fit through the gate. Did you have to bring the tracks in to get it through?

What are you stocking the pond with?

Yes mate, it could go through a 800 mm gap so perfect, It will become the home of the koi in my smaller pond but have to wait for the rain to stop so that I can do the 2nd layer fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by GR1KTR View Post
    Nice big pond. Very jealous.

Man that excavator only just fit through the gate. Did you have to bring the tracks in to get it through?

What are you stocking the pond with?

Need to connect it up to some grow beds and grow veggies/herbs as well ;0. Do you need a license/permit(training?) for that excavator ?

no mate you don't, but at the rental price you are better off doing a wet hire like I did

ahh though you were using it heh

I'm so glad you posted these photos @jannie_s

I saw the FS thread for the big filter chambers and really wanted to see the pond! I hope we get to see it wet too. Looks great!

That's a great size indeed! Do you think they will breed in that? Any plans for plants?

some more pics, yes I am sure they will spawn but eggs will get eaten and no I don't want plants at this stage as its more a formal pond. My filter system is under they grey decking. Just have to do 1 more layer of fiberglass then flow coat and connect plumbing and - water

That's a hard core effort. I love it and I wish it was in my backyard! What is the platform to the left? Are the filters underneath it...or is it a deck with stuff going on top?
    Last edited by Grubs; 02-02-16 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubs View Post
    That's a hard core effort. I love it and I wish it was in my backyard! What is the platform to the left? Are the filters underneath it...or is it a deck with stuff going on top?
    @grubs, op mentioned that filter is under grey decking. I would love to see the setup under the grey decking.

You are so lucky to have a big space like this in Sydney. Hats off.

Maybe be we can persuade you to put a few water lilies in for kicks and giggles.

ahh... and what is the "deck" made from? looks interesting.

the deck is actually from a boardwalk that was removed. its 50mm plastic so should last forever. I will have 2 of the green tubs under there and I also have this filter about 1.2m high but buried in the ground with about 200liter of k1. Maybe some lilies but no ledges for this though

I will post a pick once all connected/plumbed up

update? do we have yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast