Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year again ..........

That's awesome, Mirek. You must be the Master of Mads!
    Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

Thanks Rufus, couldn't wait to get home tonight and she didn't let me down, picked up few more seeds. I won't mix them together, rather observe each group individually, test and compare.......

Me being me, I don't even have a tank ready for them, do it tomorrow after client's service.

Another update - the first lot of seeds is now shooting tiny roots, but the heatwave claimed quite a few. I'm getting only fraction of the seeds I was hoping to get, the flower took major beating, there's melt and decay everywhere, even the seeds in my 3 containers are melting and going brown.........
    Temperature this morning around 31 C and that's in the bottom tank............

Putting the containers in front of a regular house fan will help to drop the temp by a few C
    Last edited by Murazaki; 02-01-16 at 09:46 AM.

Quick update - my little soldiers, they've been through so much already........

Nice! ... And the thanks they'll get is to be buried in the trenches!

Cooler weather is a God send!
    Last edited by Grubs; 06-01-16 at 08:06 AM.

The second flower - TKO, the winner - heat wave.......

All mushy and brown, she had no chance.......

Interesting? My 5-spike flower died. I blamed it on s sudden Temp change as well. Water temp dropped from 27 from 23 due to a tap being left on full. Good news a 4-spike flower has emerged. Pic tomorrow. Teaching an apprentice how to pollinate these plants.
    8x2x3, 8x2x2.5 6x2x2 5x2x2, Echinodorus, Eriocaulons. Native aquatic plant species.

Hi Mirek

Great to see you at work with MLP again, my plant of dreams. Just love looking at those fat juicy seed heads and seed. Have you considered Tissue culture as a means of getting them through the first season i.e summer? This seems to be the tricky time period. Maybe worth considering. Hope you do well with them and all the other gems you grow so well.

CC (robin)

Hi Robin, great to hear from you. I know, you love your MLP, last time I saw yours, they very beautiful, do you still have them?
    As far as tissue culture goes, I don't have the time and the equipment needed, they really aren't as hard to propagate as most people think, the timing is not ideal this time around, but there will be plenty of cold days after the Summer's over......

You are the strongest and at 25 mm the biggest of them all, therefore I name you "Brutus"...............

Compare Brutus in the pot on the left to the rest of the field........

I hope brutus and his mates have their asbestos pants on today.

I like the way the parents are reaching up to care for their young. And people (vegans mostly) say plants have no feelings. How could anyone consider eating plants after seeing this loving display? Signed Meatatarian

Nice work with the MLPs Mirek
    If it swims it's good, if it's Sahul it's better!

Nice pic Mirek. Keep em going. Is there anything special for their first medium. I imagine is pretty plain. Nothing too rich. Maybe just unwashed coarse sand.

Robin

And it looks like you have good pearling on those adult leaves. I no longer have mine but am planning a dedicated tank for them when the heat abates.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast