Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Breeding Rack Journal

Have started up a facebook page for the 'fishroom' to keep updates rolling, etc. For anyone interested in following along with more regular updates, you can follow on here:
    https://www.facebook.com/aquapixelfishroom

I will still be keeping my journal here up to date but as usual will do larger posts instead of many small posts like I will be on facebook

Will be back soon with some updates! Have had some spawns and even some success, and some new fish coming early next week so stay tuned!
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Following......

www.aquapixel.com.au FTW!!

Update time as promised! As usual, pics are at the end of the post

Big thank you to Slin again for the CPD group! Have managed to get them spawning from the get go. In total have around 100 fry at last count, ranging from a about 4-5 days free swimming to 10 days old. Was away for a few days and they stopped spawning but are starting back up again now, albeit onlya few eggs every other day right now.

The A. Erythrura (Rio mamore) fry from last update were eaten at wriggler stage by the female unfortunately. But they spawned again a few days ago and i decided to take half of the eggs to hatch myself. She ate them at wriggler stage again but I've got about 20 at the wriggler stage right now. Should be free swimming in a couple of days hopefully!

The rams have had a couple of HUGE spawns with around 500 eggs. I took some the first time but had issues with the fry swimming at surface from day 1 which resulted in me losing the fry in the end. They've spawned again 2 days ago and i collected more eggs, they have not hatched into wrigglers yet. The pair has unfortunately eaten their eggs again on the 2nd day They also went crazy on the P. luminatus I had with them, have moved these now but lost 1 and they are all looking a little worse for wear right now. Hopefully they come good though.

Sourced a male for my Dicroussus Maculatus and he is very pretty! He is currently quite skittish and hides away so hard to get photos but he is displaying to the females so hopefully will see some spawns in the next couple of weeks

Traded my Notho Korthusae for some Ginga Rubra Endlers. The endlers have dropped babies in the tank but I only found 3 (They are much larger fry than i am used too haha). These are mostly for my partner to try and get her into the hobby a little (Rams are hers too) Also got my hands on some eggs of Rachovia sp. 'Monteria' and hatched them out ended up with 11 free swimming fry. Lets see how they go

Slowly building my live food culture collection again. Currently have paramecium, vinegar eels, micro worms, grindal worms, white worms, wingless fruit flies. The white worms and fruit flies I only just got this week, so they have not established yet but fingers crossed as i didnt have much luck with the white worms in the past. I plan to try culturing some earthworms/compost worms and collecting the young worms to feed to my adult dwarf cichlids. I'm hoping with these and the white worms i shouldnt need to buy/use blackworms as often (or at all) so will save some $ on feedings. Will see how this goes and judge if they are worth the time/effort.

I think that is about it fish room wise for now More to come soon though!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the photos below!

Dicrossus Maculatus - Male:

German Blue Ram - Male:

German Blue Ram - Female:

German Blue Ram - Eggs

Corydoras Schwartzi (Purchased as this but likely Agassizi or similar):

Rachovia sp. 'Montiera' - Egg on peat. ~1mm in size:

Rachovia sp. 'Montiera' - Egg on finger tip:
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Thanks for the update. It was a good read.
    Those German blue rams are beautiful.

Thanks lastlineofdefence. Glad you enjoyed it. The rams are very pretty indeed, especially when they are on eggs/fry like they were in the above photos

Wow Indir, great to have you back my man. Such yummy photos and success. Wishing you the best.

Thanks Rebel! Glad your enjoying the photos

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223