Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DIY: ish Tank rack

Monty, thats superb, including the nice planted tank. Where have you put the rack? Laundry??

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Monty, thats superb, including the nice planted tank. Where have you put the rack? Laundry??
    Thanks Rebel. The planted tank is not even done lol. I just put all the plants in there as i didn't have time to plant. All of the java fern/needle fern and moss are floating around.

The rack is in the same place as the tank before .. in the dining room.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    Thanks Rebel. The planted tank is not even done lol. I just put all the plants in there as i didn't have time to plant. All of the java fern/needle fern and moss are floating around.

The rack is in the same place as the tank before .. in the dining room.
    Holy moly you are brave to put a rack-it system in your dining room!!!!

All good man, nice to see you are using it your way; totally customised. I am planning buying quite a few of these for my future garage. As the OP in this thread, it would be fitting for me to also have a rack of tanks..... I also have some plans to surround it with a insulated blanket (like a grow tent) for the winter. I didn't win the battle to fully insulate my garage..... [ Apparently never been requested before! ]

Yeah it was either the dining room or the laundry. The sink is closer to the laundry but everyone enjoys the tank in the dining room so i have to keep it there now!

Yeah dude. Definitely get a rack/s. Not only does it look sleek and professional but it also saves so much space. More space for more tanks

The racki t system doesn't look bad at all IMO. Looking great Monty

How much space do you have between the 2 shelves set up the way it is now if you dont mind measuring? Thought about running a2 shelf rack instead of 4 shelf rack as a fry tank but the extra space is super tempting

Also be keen to see Rebel with a rack! haha.

EDIT - how do you find the canister fro mebay? Just noticed ti haha. I used it a couple times only and it isnt too bad so far.
    Last edited by indir; 07-05-18 at 08:50 PM.
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Thanks Indir.

I measured the space from the bottom shelf to just under top beam and it is 63cm. It could have been a bit higher if i put the tank on the top slots instead of the 2nd one. My mistake i can't fix it now lol.

That canister filter is going great guns. The small quarantine tank was so cloudy and filling it up with water and the filter cleared it up within a few hours. Very generous of them to include all those sponges. I didn't use all of them either. I kept the yellow one as a spare. The flow is good. All in all a great small filter

Thanks Monty Helps with the decision in future fry rack. Its fun finding something you missed isnt it? hahaha

Nice I've just been using mine to polish tanks and to clean up tanks and its been pretty good so far.
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456