Thread: VIC: LEDZeal Group Buy - Expressions of interest by 30 July 2014

Lightbulb VIC: LEDZeal Group Buy - Expressions of interest by 30 July 2014

After all the good groundwork done by Mikeymikemike I am planning to purchase a LEDZeal S300 or S400 and know of one other Vic based member thinking similarly.

The LED layout proposed is the plant friendly set-up Edgar posted in the LEDZeal post HERE using 90 degree led lens except for red, 630nm, 660nm and 510nm which use 120 degree lens to reduce chances of colour 'spotlights'. I figure the wireless controller + charger is probably worth the extra US$40.

At this stage I only have pricing for a single unit, but am happy to get a group price if there is interest.

So the proposal is to order a number of LEDZeal units, with wireless remote and LED/Lens config as above. If this is of interest to you please respond to the post listing the unit you are interested in and I'll get a price.

Cheers,
    Scott

And the prices are...
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free."
    Jacques Yves Cousteau, Oceanographer

I am interested, do you know if a s400 will be sufficient for a 4.5ft x 2ft x 2ft?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerel View Post
    I am interested, do you know if a s400 will be sufficient for a 4.5ft x 2ft x 2ft?
    Kevin from LEDZeal recommended an S300 for my 1500x500x600 tank, but as I have yet to buy it I have no idea whether or not it would be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernaut View Post
    And the prices are...
    Dependent upon the size light you want and the number we order :-)

Default Well, it seemed a good idea at the time...

By the responses thus far I'd best declare:
    > I am not a representative of LEDZeal, nor do I have any of their products;
    > I do not have pricing details for all models, quantities etc. I just thought we'd be able to negotiate better pricing by ordering multiple units;
    > I am not in a position to recommend any particular light for your application.

Given the pricing discussions on Mikeymikemike's thread it seemed there was strong interest hence the group buy suggestion. Given its a significant investment perhaps a group buy wasn't such a bright idea.

Those are good points. Given the total cost is around $600 - $700, I think I'll withdraw my interest for the time being.

Good to meet you today Tony, and I think the group buy suggestion was a bit of a pipe dream for such a high priced item.

I still think it's a valid option. You'd save approx $50 based on what I've been quoted. I guess you just need two people who are really committed and ready to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
    Good to meet you today Tony, and I think the group buy suggestion was a bit of a pipe dream for such a high priced item.
    Good to meet you today Scott. Your wood was long and strong haha!