Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: DIY Cerge's style co2 reactor SEE VERSION 2 below.

Quote Originally Posted by Petetheplantkiller View Post
    Hi Gavogr, They work fine on an FX5. I am not making these at the moment. Work has gotten extremely busy and my primary focus is my business. Happy to walk you through a build if you like? Let me know if you have any questions. I'm aiming to sort something out in the new year (Late February) to build some stock up, but it isn't a priority.
    Cheers for the reply, i will re read the thread to see if i can DIY or what. I will make contact if i cant sort something out.
    Cheers

Quick link to Murazaki reactor. It's even easier to make!!
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...hlight=reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Quick link to Murazaki reactor. It's even easier to make!!
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...hlight=reactor
    Cheers for the link, I have just been given some pvc and end caps so might give the diy a go 😄 See how I go. If I'm not successful I can always go the water filter way 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Petetheplantkiller View Post
    Hi Gavogr, They work fine on an FX5. I am not making these at the moment. Work has gotten extremely busy and my primary focus is my business. Happy to walk you through a build if you like? Let me know if you have any questions. I'm aiming to sort something out in the new year (Late February) to build some stock up, but it isn't a priority.
    Hi Pete I have just been given some 100ml pipe and end caps. Is 100 ml pipe ok to use? Just wondering what height you would recommend? Cheers

Hi Pete, thinking of building a reactor for my new tank, any chance of th photo links being fixed or some new ones? Running a 3500-4000L pump out of my sump (might reduce the flow though) so thinking your design will be best from what I've seen around the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JFalconer View Post
    Hi Pete, thinking of building a reactor for my new tank, any chance of th photo links being fixed or some new ones? Running a 3500-4000L pump out of my sump (might reduce the flow though) so thinking your design will be best from what I've seen around the forum.
    Hi mate, PM me your email and ill send you the photos direct. I guess photo bucket have changed their rules! Don't get on here often, lucky I saw this.
    90 litre and 300 litre journal: http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/57087-Ground-Zero-My-venture-into-aquascaping-begins-Now-3-tanks

Has anyone got pictures of the assembly? The original links are broken because of Photobucket.

Edit: I found some photos in this thread for anyone looking
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...le-co2-reactor

Cheers
    Last edited by sweefu; 19-11-17 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    Has anyone got pictures of the assembly? The original links are broken because of Photobucket.

Edit: I found some photos in this thread for anyone looking
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...le-co2-reactor

Cheers
    The trick is to quote those posts to see the PB links and then add ~original after .Jog

I.e.
    Last edited by vladguan; 19-11-17 at 10:25 AM.

Hey Guys,
    Looking at building one of these reactors for my 1600ltr planted discus tank. I have only got low light plants and want some co2 in the tank just to improve the plants like java ferns and anubius. Can anyone help me out with designs or pictures on how to build one of these. I was going to try and put a second pump in the last section of the sump and hook it into the return line. What’s eveyones thoughts? I have got makemyleds on the tank and there only running at 30% as the algea is a issue.

Cheers Axl

Hi Axl - You and I are up and down with our big tanks hey... Last we spoke you were travelling well without Co2? All your old tank thread images are dead due to photobucket (I updated mine to flikr which was pretty straightforward). How is your sump return plumbed? Is it in PVC pipe? If so then have look at my current setup (pictures on my tank thread). It has outperformed every other option i've tried. I'm happy to give you any details, but basically its just the same as the reactor pictured above, just made out of pvc, and with the outlet at the bottom rather than exiting out the top... The large chamber section is made from drainage PVC (the rest of the line is pressure PVC) - you can join the two different types of PVC using a female threaded drainage socket and male threaded pressure PVC socket.

Kris, I thought of your when AXL mentioned a 1600L tank.

Yours is a Rex-Griggs style reactor but the concept is the same.

Hey Mate,
    yes the challenges of keeping big tanks. the plants are doing ok but could be better as im battling BBA and the leds are only running at 30% for 6 hours a day. My return line is 25mm hose from the return pump to pvc so i was thinknig of making a reactor picture below and hooking up a 25mm tee straight into the return line. I'm going to run a separate 4000ltr pump in the last section of the sump and hook that into the reactor which will work well. I just some co2 going in there to improve growth and help with the algea and also i dont want to upset the discus to much as ive had isssues before with co2. Here is the reactor i was thinknig of making

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159524.../shares/hr016H

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159524.../shares/0YKn80

I cant work out if the pipe rise has to go onto the left from the right where the co2 comes in as I have taken this picture from another member on here. If someone could please help out on this one and this is the same reactor as Pete has designed. Im thinking the riser should be on the left because the tinny little bubbles will dissolve when going down the riser.
    Last edited by axl; 15-02-18 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
    The trick is to quote those posts to see the PB links and then add ~original after .Jog

I.e.
    Which is the inlet and outlet mate? Also is there a riser on the inlet side? Also where does the co2 enter this reactor mate?

The picture links you just posted bring up the photobucket logo unfortunately. I've done exactly what you're describing though and it doesn't work. Running two pumps into a tee makes them compete with one another and reduces your total flow. I was just going over it in my head and I have now trialled 5 different Co2 setups in my tank. The two pump system running into a tee for the same return was version 2.0. Once I removed the second pump and tee, flow increased dramatically from the sump return pump.

As a side note, I'm not sure how expensive your power is but mine is bloody expensive here (about 85c per kilowatt hour) and I paid off the purchase cost of a ecotech vectra dc inverted return pump in less than 18 months of power savings. Now I only run one pump, at 55w and it dissolves the co2 and gives solid flow in the tank. The old ac pump I had was running at 90w and gave much less flow...

My experience is that you are better off building a massive reactor and putting 100% of your sump return flow through it. I feel like your 25mm return diameter is a bit small for the head height and flow required - at 40mm pipe you might notice that the flow improves. Is your return pump controllable? As in can you dial the flow up or down?
    Last edited by Kris; 15-02-18 at 07:19 AM.

In those photos, the inlet is on the left and the outlet is on the right. It is setup correctly - you want the bubbles to flow straight into the large chamber so the flow is turbulent and breaks up the bubbles without the water pressure forcing the bubbles down to the outlet at the bottom of the reactor. If you fed the inlet through the narrow pipe, the flow would just push the undissolved bubbles straight out the outlet and into your tank.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast