Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DIY Cerge's style co2 reactor SEE VERSION 2 below.

Mine is now running on my main sump return pump, an eco tech vectra. The pump is controllable and I dialed it up from 50 to 54watts after installing the co2 reactor. The reactor chamber is 100mm in diameter and 1.2m long:

Untitled by krisrusset, on Flickr

Kris, whats your return pump L/hr?

Hey Rebel,
    Quick question if i have got the co2 going in the inlet via a cable gland is it best have a bleed line in there. Where would you position the 4mm inline tap. Would you take the 4mm co2 hose out and put a piece of tubing in there with a 4mm inline tap with check valve. Would this work? Do you this when the pump is running or when you just fill it for the first time. Cheers

Any of those options are fine. I think its best to inject into reactor away from the inlet as if your pump is too powerful, the bubble could be carried all the way to outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Any of those options are fine. I think its best to inject into reactor away from the inlet as if your pump is too powerful, the bubble could be carried all the way to outlet.
    I mean mate if I put a bleed line in would a 4mm tee in the co2 line work with a inline tap and check valve do the job ok.? The co2 bubbles will break up as the reactor is 150mm wide and 600mm long. The 25mm pipe on the inside is going to be 1mm off the bottom s o they will break up inside the reactor and pipe. I got a 1200ltr pump so should ok hopefully mate

Yes the bleed valve will be fine like that. I have an irrigation 'tap' on the end of mine but you can also fix check valve foe insurance if you wish.

Yes the bleed valve will be fine like that. I have an irrigation 'tap' on the end of mine but you can also fix check valve foe insurance if you wish.
    Ok thanks do you bleed reactor with pump off mate?

Hey man I only bleed it when I do filter maintenance. It air locks when I try to start the filter again.

Hey i just fired up the pump and reactor and it only feels half full. Has it got a air lock in it I thought it would be full mate. I have got a 4mm hose in the cable gland at the moment with a check valve on it. Shouldn’t this bleed the air out. What’s your thoughts mate on what’s going on.

Cheers

You mean its half full of CO2??

If its just air, just manually bleed it out. If you want auto, then a venturi loop might be an idea but not really required.

You mean its half full of CO2??

If its just air, just manually bleed it out. If you want auto, then a venturi loop might be an idea but not really required.
    Must have been air mate because I tipped it upside down and all the air come out the outlet pipe. Is that how you would have manually done it.?

Also mate does it matter about the position off the co2 hose in the cable gland? Does the hose have to be right in there so it’s touching the water or does it sit above and push the co2 through?
    Last edited by axl; 26-02-18 at 07:20 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678