Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED light groupbuy- The Hills NSW

I have 2 20w no problems too, so far anyway. I think it's not as large as a 50w light so I think I'll just let this one slip.

Anyway, is anyone interested in taking the last 30w light?
    Last edited by Justanotherkid; 16-04-14 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherkid View Post
    Sorry but can I have a picture of the process or at least one of the LED driver?
    Once you remove the driver and compartment you're left with just the emitter and heatsink with the + and - wires:

+ and - wires lead to the drivers in the cabinet. I want to add heatsinks to them too to keep them cooler:

I used molex connectors (top of the pic) to link all three LEDs so it's easier to remove the LED or drivers when I need to instead of having to unrwap/desolder/untwist the wires.

Other side of the driver is the AC side which plugs into the power socket. I used a bus connector to link LED 1 and 3 to one timer so the lights are staggered - LED 2 turns then LED 1 and 3 30 mins later so I don't spook the fish.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by eciuj; 16-04-14 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherkid View Post
    Too narrow a beam angle. Have a look at my post here.

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...784#post498784

They are an australian company based in bayswater vic and offer 5 years warranty. They have an ebay store so worthwhile to bid on t/em instead of buying outright.

Mine are no longer available but were $75 each outright. I bid on 6 of them and ended up getting all of them for an average cost of $15.

I bought mine from an Australian company too, I paid 40 for a 60W light. They are made really well and are apparebtly 100% waterproof. Was going to pull it apart and check if I can add some blues, but I want another one first.
    Chris -my tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12