Thread: Newb's Guide to Posting Pictures (Photobucket)

Lightbulb Newb's Guide to Posting Pictures (Photobucket)

Decided it was time for there to be a comprehensive guide to posting pictures on this forum!

This guide will be on using Photobucket as a hosting site for pictures that you wish to post. There are other sites available which serve pretty much the same purpose but I find Photobucket the simplest to use IMO.

Step 1

Get onto the Photobucket site and signup for an account. Link: ( http://s976.photobucket.com/ )

Step 2

Login and the homepage will load.

Step 3

Click the "Upload" tab on the top centre of the screen. A new page will open, and click on the blue "Choose Photos and Videos" button.

Step 4

A window will open of files on your computer. It's up to you to find where your photos are. Either upload each photo individually or if they are adjacent drag to select more than one at a time. You can also click the first photo in the range you want and holding shift, click on the last photo in the range - this will highlight every single photo in the middle inclusively. When this is done click "Open" to start uploading.

Step 5

When the photos have finished uploading (a blue bar at the bottom of the screen will show your progress), click on the library tab near the top left to view your uploaded photos.

Step 6

Now to get the link needed to add the photo to this forum. Hover over a photo until a gear shows up in the top right corner. Then hover over the gear symbol and a drop-down menu should appear with several options. Click the "Share Links" option.

Step 7

A new menu will open with four different links. The one you want is the bottom one labelled "IMG". Clicking on it will copy the link for you.

Step
    Now paste it on your post wherever you want it.

Congratulations you have mastered technology! (Last updated 06/02/2015)
    Last edited by DestinyInk; 06-02-15 at 01:38 PM.
    [insert witty aquarium-related phrase]

Forest Eden 110L - http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/63352-Forest-Eden-110L

EXCELLENT! Sticky please!!

One thing to include. When you click on the photo icon above the reply box, make sure you unselect the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Good onya DestinyInk - great work!

EDIT: After speaking further with DestinyInk, I now realise that this isn't necessary. In DI's words - "Photobucket automatically adds the "[IMG]" coding for you." Please disregard my suggestion above
    Last edited by GR1KTR; 20-01-14 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks for posting this up DestinyInk. I have moved this to sticky.
    aLan

I have also copied this thread and paste it on 'planted tank photo album' if you don't mind
    Just optimising the chance of being seen and read
    aLan

Quote Originally Posted by NewFishTank View Post
    I have also copied this thread and paste it on 'planted tank photo album' if you don't mind
    Just optimising the chance of being seen and read
    Fine with that
    [insert witty aquarium-related phrase]

Forest Eden 110L - http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/63352-Forest-Eden-110L

Does anyone know how to embed dropbox photos on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_F View Post
    Does anyone know how to embed dropbox photos on this forum?
    Good question. I use drop box all the time, I'll see if I can link pics here and report back.

I also have a question about photobucket.

A few days ago I exceeded my 10gb monthly bandwidth, so none of my pics currently appear in forums. I have 79 pics in photo bucket (no video).

photobucket says: 'Your bandwidth will reset to zero every month on the day you registered your account. You can find this date in your User Settings, under the Account tab'.

Well, I registered Dec 11, 2013. But it hasn't reset. I'm keen to post a pic or two of my emersed hc setup.

I'm locking this thread due to the spam coming through on it. If you have any questions, please feel free to start a new thread.
    Cheers,
    DE
    "Weeds are just plants growing in the wrong place" - Jackie French
    Gardening is just racism for plants - Amber, The Old Guys