Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AQUATIC SCULPTURE; EA client scape

Default AQUATIC SCULPTURE; EA client scape

I was a bit hesitant to post this one, as im sure it will be again copied by other aquariums- however i suppose thats just a form of flattery and i really want to share with the community what we are doing these days, regardless if others try to later repeat it as their own. As you all know EA has been experimenting with immersed growth in the form of wabi-kusa, terrariums, and paludariums for last year or more in an effort to blur the lines between aquascaping, gardening, home design, and now sculpture. Since completing this piece for ColourSquare only a couple of hours ago, i have already began planing a similar build on a much more impressive and complex scale- with several tanks forming part of the one flowing living form. If a client doesnt appear for this new idea soon, ill be making some space and recreating my idea in the store.

This one can be viewed in the flesh at ClourSquare Art Installers/builders/creators/conservationists. http://www.coloursquare.com.au/ 84 STEPHENSON STREET
    RICHMOND VIC 3121

One happy customer! Hi Victor

No fake plants used. Will update when water clears. Theres actually a sub layer of rock behind the tank creating depth, which you cant see with the cloudy water.
    Last edited by EXOTIC AQUATIC; 01-04-13 at 06:05 PM.

Nicely done! I've been thinking of what that would look like, but with dw. Could imagine what it would look like with multiple tanks, hope you find someone that let's you do it.
    I'll try anything twice.

Wow, amazing idea! Looks fantastic! I think you might be pioneering something here! QUICK slap a japanese name on it, patent it, package it and get your name around the world!

It looks great Adrian, but fill out all that empty room with some nice plants!

I've seen something similar done where the scape extends outside the aquarium here:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Stephen

THanks guys! Glad you like it. I had a ball today with Victor, we used tons of rock! Must re-order.
    cool link Stephen, looks like that stuffs all fake packaged modules you can buy though. I think exoterra make it or something similar. Nicely arranged though.

good work! is there filtration on there? if there is its well hidden. Oliver Knott does a few scapes like that but this is one of my favorite by Mike Zimmerman:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

This reminds me of some of Oliver Knott's and Mike Zimmerman's designs where they have blended aquascaping of plants and hardscapes both inside and outside the tank. It's nice too see that the hobby is evolving and maturing here in Australia as well by taking on some alternative designs.
    Adrian I think you have done a great job with this scape and I look forward to seeing the next one. What are you putting in the tank?
    Last edited by Tucker; 01-04-13 at 06:44 PM.
    Tucker

There is a prostrate native plant that creeps out of the tank like that but has slightly smaller leaves but they are closer together. Nelsonia campestris, I'll take some photos of it cascading out of the pond and put them here later. Here is a pic of it in natural laterite somewhere local.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool tank!

Ah hah, so thats Victor's new tank. Good job Adrian, nice to see more out of the box ideas from you.

THanks again guys! Hadnt seen the German tanks before, great to see- very penjing- love em!
    Dave: Looks tough as, love it! Can you please add some of that to my next order mate?
    Hey Garrett! Yeah we had a blast. Thanks for the kind words. Wait till you see the next one, im going to have to get stands made for it- super eager.

WOW

EA, you really do make beautiful scapes.
    I have trouble thinking inside the box, and you blow the box away and just do amazing things.
    It looks so natural as well

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

I'm absolutely humbled Graeme, thanks man.

The next one is already drawn up and includes one if these 12G bookshelf tanks, a 30cm cube, and a mini N, with cascades. Now I either need a mad enough client- or to make the space and do it at the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by EXOTIC AQUATIC View Post
    I'm absolutely humbled Graeme, thanks man.

The next one is already drawn up and includes one if these 12G bookshelf tanks, a 30cm cube, and a mini N, with cascades. Now I either need a mad enough client- or to make the space and do it at the shop.
    In the spirit of this type of scape, I think you need to have one that starts inside, but finishes outside the shop
    I'll try anything twice.

HA!!!! what a GREAT idea!

If it were legal, and there were no such thing as ratty teenagers and drunk people i would definitely go for that, cool idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast