Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Don's 4x2x2 rebuild

WOW! I love how the tank has progressed, and its current state is fantastic. The absence of a single pixel of that damned black scale/beard algae on the anubias has me questioning everything in the cosmos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Love your work my man. I am no fan of those particular fish (the bent nose gives me the hibeegibeez) but the colours looks to be superb!!

What lights are you rocking at the moment? Still with your beloved LEDs from Bunners?
    No, I switched out to a Ledzeal solution back in April 2015. The reason for that was more to do with the the ability to modulate brightness and colour temperature rather than any particular growth shortcoming of the el-cheapo LED shop lights. Going from darkness to 150W of 6500K LED was also pretty harsh on the fish - after switch-on, they'd be a bit traumatised for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Insipid View Post
    WOW! I love how the tank has progressed, and its current state is fantastic. The absence of a single pixel of that damned black scale/beard algae on the anubias has me questioning everything in the cosmos!
    Yeah, I wouldn't question THAT closely... There's a heap of shrimp in there that travelled with some plants out of my pond and bred like crazy. It seems they can breed faster than the Rainbows can eat them (which is of itself remarkable). They help. That and the industrial quantities of "no more blackbeard" (glut) that goes in there from time to time.

Despite this, blackbeard spores from outerspace will periodically invade but I keep it in check.

I hate BBA more than words can describe...
    Last edited by dcm; 11-06-19 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcm View Post
    ..........I hate BBA more than words can describe...
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Thankfully I'm at a stage now where my tank must be "balanced" coz it seems to be receding. Either that or the nuclear H2O2 explosion I set off in the tank a fortnight ago.

Here's one of the random shrimp nomming on algae. You can see some small black balls of sickly BBA around just waiting for me to run out of Glut...

shrimp by dcm, on Flickr

Here's some random Boesemani, a Sterbai and 1/4 of a Lacustris. The fish are years old now but they stubbornly refuse to die.

boesemani by dcm, on Flickr

Those Boesemani's are beautiful. Bet they are enjoying the tank now.

What a fantastic tank journal. Your HC is so luscious in the most recent photo compared to 6 years ago! Excellent job and keep the photos coming.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234