Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reintroduction of Exotic Shrimp Trading

Hi Nogi

Like Zane and Ado mentioned, a breeder box is an excellent way of displaying the shrimp for sale.

Craig

Hallelujah! Democracy prevails. And Jodi-Lee articulates the soundest case for its reinstalment - it's accessability for noobs.

Well done team
    Thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Toned View Post
    Hallelujah! Democracy prevails. And Jodi-Lee articulates the soundest case for its reinstalment - it's accessability for noobs.

Well done team
    Did you miss us 2Toned?
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Let me know if you have some for sale 2toned.

Hi Graeme,

Kinda - at the time of my move and shortly after, there was a lot of bickering going on and acrimony from some members. This made my separation anxiety more managable

Next I knew, there was a ban on shrimps - my passion and major attraction to AL. This disappointed me and...

Anyway, as with all healthy relationships absence yields to attraction. And so, like sine waves we dance!

I trust your dance card is not full, my friend?
    Thanks for all the fish!

Glad to have you back ( and other shrimpers )

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Actually first time back over here today as well just by chance. Glad to hear things have cooled of so I don't see red with every page
    I read ;-) Back to contributing again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great to have you guys back!!

Hey Tony, hows the orchids doing? Glad to see you here again

Must catch up with you at one of the shows coming up
    Happy Planting!
    Mango

Thanks, Zane & Stephen.

Stephen, PM me and we'll arrange a catch up. The orchids are doing great
    Thanks for all the fish!

Can someone tell me if I'm allowed to trade my rare pure red line shrimp for something like 15-20 yellows? It will be trade only and it will be pickup trade as well no post?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by neosin View Post
    Can someone tell me if I'm allowed to trade my rare pure red line shrimp for something like 15-20 yellows? It will be trade only and it will be pickup trade as well no post?

Thx
    is it 1 PRL for 15-20 yellows? i doubt it as with the current market value of yellow, you are implying that your PRL worth $100-150+ each.

Quote Originally Posted by nautilusly View Post
    is it 1 PRL for 15-20 yellows? i doubt it as with the current market value of yellow, you are implying that your PRL worth $100-150+ each.
    PRL I've never seen any one or heard of any breeders in Australia

After reading the first post and contacted by a mod for consideration I still don't understand why there is a $50 limit in place where it is a local trade or pickup?

Wasn't the limit introduced to stop scams? I.e joe blow says he has thousands of dollars of shrimp and then runs away with the money? Since I'm only offering local pickup only the person I'm trading with will be able to see the shrimp beforehand and not go ahead if he or she doesn't want to swap

Furthermore in my defence, I don't like to put $$$ value on my shrimp since I'm offering a trade only. I'm merely trading a rare shrimp for lots of common shrimp.

At the end of the day, this isn't my forum and I respect the rules so if this isn't allowed then that's fine.

Neosin, I PM'ed you and suggested that you PM us to sort out these sort of things. You have clearly chosen not too, that is up to you.

The limit on the price of exotic shrimp was introduced because the trading of exotic shrimp was leading to conflict between members of the forum.
    You are perpetuating this conflict by arguing about the rules.
    I PM'd you and told you that i would await confirmation from the rest of the moderator team, yet you have decided to not reply to my PM or even wait for confirmation and to argue futilely in public.
    The limit is there for a reason, to prevent conflict.

That is from a moderator point of view.

This is my personal view, you have posted no evidence whatsoever that you do indeed have PRL shrimp.
    Did you purchase them in Australia? If so, who was the breeder and whose line do they come from? Did you consolidate the line yourself from available crystal shrimp?
    And have you tested if they are infact PRL by crossing them with Snow Whites and Golden Shrimp?
    How long have you been selectively breeding these for?
    As Jonny said PRL shrimp are VERY rare if they even exist in Australia.
    This further reinforces the above, the idea is to prevent conflict, if someone is to trade hundreds of dollars worth of yellow shrimp for your shrimp, what is to say that they will get what you are offering?
    I am not saying you need to provide evidence, i am simply demonstrating WHY the rule is in place.

You state that you are not interested in putting a price to them, yet 15-20 Yellows says to me you value them in the $250-$300 range, else you wouldn't ask for so many shrimp.
    The limit clearly says that there is to be no trade in shrimp over $50. I am still waiting on other moderator clarification, but this is the rules as i read them and your idea is outside these rules.
    Chris -my tank

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast