Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reintroduction of Exotic Shrimp Trading

Quote Originally Posted by Fishchick View Post
    This is a reasonable balance between allowing people to start into the shrimp hobby, and not allowing people to make $1000s without giving anything back to the forum (that is, being a sponsor)
    Cheers, Jodi-Lea
    I agree completely - what was the main reason the forum was started? As an online trading site or as a place for aquatic lovers to go and further/share their knowledge?

Also, one quick question (any Mod's are welcome to slap me for this) - does this mean I can sell my cherries for $50ea?
    12 tanks of various sizes, trying to cut back. MTS Anonymous Member - down to 7 now

It is a perfectly reasonable compromise IMO.
    Whatever

I agree that it is a reasonable compromise. There are other places for people to sell the rarer/higher end shrimp.

Purely as a clarification,

Does the $50 each rule mean that specifically or does it mean 10 for $200 is also not allowed,

I know this is incredibly simple but I think should be clarified none the less.

Juls

We would like to thank everyone for the feedback thus far and we are glad to see a positive reception of the new ruling.

Juls, thanks for your query. To clarify it is $50 per shrimp, so 10 for $200 is most definitely allowed but only if it is 10 shrimp of the same type.

For example, Bob is trying to to sell 20 shrimp. There is 19 cherry shrimp and 1 king kong shrimp. Bob is asking $600 for the 20 shrimp. Although this is within the $50 per shrimp condition, it is obvious that not all shrimp are of the same value. This is where moderators will be using their own judgement (or common sense in this case!) to determine whether or not an advertisement aligns with the price cap conditions.

(hiding so Pleco doesn't slap her for previous comment)
    12 tanks of various sizes, trying to cut back. MTS Anonymous Member - down to 7 now

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Dragon View Post
    (hiding so Pleco doesn't slap her for previous comment)
    LOL Mrs D you deserve a slapping for that comment

loving the common sense here

Quote Originally Posted by EXOTIC AQUATIC View Post
    too hard to monitor. Eg "i have 1 SSS CRS for sale, PM me." (1 sells in pm), "Still available" (2 more sell in PM). "price drop"-which saves you final value fee- adding insult to injury.

THe mods have set their rules, i dont see this changing, however i do see a five page thread of suggestions. $50 is fair i recon. Its about time people realised that they just aren't worth more than that regardless of how many snow white or golden you keep in your A grade tank churning out quick-fix high grades. The shrimp hobby has become very dollar orientated, and this coming from a retailer. Its fine to breed valuable creatures, but when the reason you breed them becomes their value things turn quite ugly, and uncharacteristic of this forum.

This is not meant to incite or offend, just forum love.
    I agree, it's when people start selling higher grade shrimps for quick money that many problems arise.

Good job mods

(although it will be a long time until I can sell my cherries, my ones aren't breeding (yet) haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Dragon View Post
    Also, one quick question (any Mod's are welcome to slap me for this) - does this mean I can sell my cherries for $50ea?
    Please do Mrs Dragon
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

I am happy with this rule and happy to abide by the rules.
    As a shrimp lover myself I do see how problems may arise selling rare and difficult to keep shrimp.
    Click here to view my blog
    Emboli's EHEIM OPAL 100

Well the ban gave my yellow cherries enough time to breed. Will off load as soon as I have time to take photos.

Question for the mods, with respect to the photo, I have a 4ft tank with a bunch of cherries, all similar quality. If I want to sell around 10 - 20 of them, will be difficult to get a photo of the exact 20 as I prefer to net and bag the same day or the night before to ensure healthy travels. Would macro shots of different individuals suffice? There wouldn't be any guarantee that specific shrimp is netted that's all but it's from the same tank\gene pool\quality.
    Last edited by nogi; 01-11-12 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Question about photos

Do you have a breeder box or 2 which could float in your tank and keep individuals separated? Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by nogi View Post
    Well the ban gave my yellow cherries enough time to breed. Will off load as soon as I have time to take photos.

Question for the mods, with respect to the photo, I have a 4ft tank with a bunch of cherries, all similar quality. If I want to sell around 10 - 20 of them, will be difficult to get a photo of the exact 20 as I prefer to net and bag the same day or the night before to ensure healthy travels. Would macro shots of different individuals suffice? There wouldn't be any guarantee that specific shrimp is netted that's all but it's from the same tank\gene pool\quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Do you have a breeder box or 2 which could float in your tank and keep individuals separated? Just a suggestion
    That is exactly what I used to do. IMO the photo should be of the shrimp for sale. If it isn't then it is a pointless photo.
    Whatever

I might need to get a bigger breeder box. Not comfortable putting 10-20 in the little one I have for extended period of time. Good idea though. Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast