Thread: big tubs

Default big tubs

Hi everyone,
    I am looking to keep some of my overflow plants and also some gold fish in an outdoor pond but because of the dogs, I am keen on finding above ground options. Any ideas on what type of tubs are available that would be non-toxic for fish? and also where to source these from?
    I am looking for something at least >500L for sword plants and some overgrown large gold fish.
    cheers

Hey aquascaper, there are some great 1000L water tanks (opaque in colour encompassed with gal rod) which are often used for food and food products which could be suitable for fish. I know they use them for aquaponics by slicing the top off them. I just typed 1000L water tank into ebay and a few popped up at reasonable prices.

They sell 500l green rainwater tanks in bunnings.
    "You wouldnt have that problem with a V8"

Quote Originally Posted by davidscane View Post
    Hey aquascaper, there are some great 1000L water tanks (opaque in colour encompassed with gal rod) which are often used for food and food products which could be suitable for fish. I know they use them for aquaponics by slicing the top off them. I just typed 1000L water tank into ebay and a few popped up at reasonable prices.
    Thanks for that have had a look through some sites and have found a tub. great to know these are safe for fish.
    cheers,

The 1000 l tanks are great but you have to keep the sun off them as they are not UV stable and they get very brittle after a couple of years. It's easy to screw something onto the frame to cover them though. They are known as IBC (intermediate bulk container)