Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Aquarium Store !!!!

Hey, I think Clearwater is good too. The couple that own it have very competitive prices and they're very friendly

Quote Originally Posted by pleco52 View Post
    na i dont work there anymore but i still go there
    Were do you work now?
    Are you still keeping fish?

GS...I've been there too....Living in Largs North makes it too far for me to go there often.

the guys at rivers and reef are great they have just re opened and ore only dealing with marine now, hey have a 10 foot tank to die for

Quote Originally Posted by CAJSW View Post
    the guys at rivers and reef are great they have just re opened and ore only dealing with marine now, hey have a 10 foot tank to die for
    Thanks for the heads up - I always got the impression that they were mainly interested in the marine side of things.
    Will have to go check it out this weekend (not that I'm thinking of setting up a SW tank - at this stage anyway)

It's completely SW now felder (Which is a good thing for us SW nuts ), but at the moment they are pretty flat out and they havent finished setting it all up yet.

^$%#!!!!! my uncle got 50% of a reef and river..........
    RESCAPE THE TANK.......... COMING SOON

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I'll have to check this place out some time !

I'm from other side of the Adelaide Hills, and I've been getting some recommendations for Aquarium places, but they all in the North Eastern areas, which is a bit too far for me to go too

I would suggest you try Mount Barker Aquariums. Ermin is a great bloke, very helpful and always has an interesting variety of fish. His tanks are always exceptionally clean and he is quite knowledgable too.

As for north/northeast .... my vote goes to Clearwater too, Ken and Janet are great people.

Default do i keep fish?

MARS: i stiil keep fish ive got about 200+ atm moment and no none are guppies!

about 150 are cichlids and the rest plecos,tetras and odd stuff oh and a nice lil tankbusting grey giant gourami

Default Aquarium shops

I have noticed that all the standard of most of the aquarium shops have decreased abit over the last 1-2 years.
    Especially this winter the fish have been lacking...hope it will pick up soon!
    i have also noticed that the number of fish shops in adel are decreasing also

Quote Originally Posted by CAJSW View Post
    I agree, they are really nice and helpful. I bought a 4x2ft tank from them in feb this year and they put it all together for me, put in better lighting, chucked in a heater and gravel all for $800. they even offered to delivery for free!

WOULD RECOMMEND THEM FOR SURE, BUT HAVENT BEEN TO THE NEW SHOP YET.

Default River and Reef

I popped in to have a look. They were still setting up the shop.
    Tanks and fish looked really healthy.
    But unfortunately....its all MARINE

Thumbs up

I was deciding which fish shop to visit to get an aquarium and saw this thread yesterday. So I went yesterday early hoping the shop - Aquarium Fish Paradise, wouldn't be too busy. Glad I went early enough cuz it got busier after.

It's a little shop with lots of good stuff. This bloke is really helpful and great! Paid attention to and lots of patience with his customers. Ended up I bought two aquariums, some fishies and gravels from him. It's currently on Christmas sales for most of his stuff, especially the fish!!! Overall his stuff are pretty cheap!

Awesome! I will have to go back again! Thanks for sharing, Lammp!
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by dorateo View Post
    I was deciding which fish shop to visit to get an aquarium and saw this thread yesterday. So I went yesterday early hoping the shop - Aquarium Fish Paradise, wouldn't be too busy. Glad I went early enough cuz it got busier after.

It's a little shop with lots of good stuff. This bloke is really helpful and great! Paid attention to and lots of patience with his customers. Ended up I bought two aquariums, some fishies and gravels from him. It's currently on Christmas sales for most of his stuff, especially the fish!!! Overall his stuff are pretty cheap!

Awesome! I will have to go back again! Thanks for sharing, Lammp!
    hi dorateo
    where is this place?
    thanks for the heads up.
    jesse
    cheers

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
    hi dorateo
    where is this place?
    thanks for the heads up.
    jesse
    Jesster,

The shop is on Payneham Road, just before you reach the intersection to Lower North East Road and Glynburn Road. Its exactely opposite McDonalds on Payneham Road.

Lammp's right!

By the way, Pet Stock has some selected plants on sale for only $1 each, and angel fish - 4 for just $10, until 14th Dec!! I'll check it out tonight!
    Theo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast