Thread: Collecting wood and rocks in QLD

Default Collecting wood and rocks in QLD

I live close to a few nature reserves and creeks here in Brisbane. From googling, I know I can't collect firewood from reserves but since I'm not going to burn them, I'm wondering about the legality of collecting wood and rocks in reserves and creeks. Also with regards to creek in suburbs, are they too polluted to collect from? Thanks.

I know you can't remove anything from NPs but local bush I can't answer . I just come back from camping out stanthorpe way and there is heaps of great rocks and stuff out there but unfortunately it was NP

Thumbs Up

Fishball7

I know I can't collect firewood from reserves
    That's the answer "Collect" in other words its a huge NONO

Nepean

I live in Brisbane too but my parents have 60 acres with a few streams on their property an hour and a half away from here. So if you wanna go on a field trip to their place let me know. Don't forget it's best to bake anything you take from outside but becareful with rocks I've heard if you put a rock that's absorbed water in a fire it can crack.

Thumbs Up

Ddubtoille

No the word is explode I have see it happen more than once building stones around a very hot camp fire.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Nepean View Post
    Ddubtoille

No the word is explode I have see it happen more than once building stones around a very hot camp fire.

Keith
    Hahaha yeah that's what my brother has told me has happened a few times when kids are putting stuff in the fire. (he teaches primitive skills so he has quite a bit of fire making and stone tools)

always more likely with rocks that have lots of bubbles in them.......
    "AQUIS have proven on numerous occasion to have a distinct lack of humour." ~ saundo

Apparently you cannot even use wood from a private property even if it is your property in QLD, but you can burn it. Go figure. I have never gotten to the bottom of that one.