Thread: New Competition - Question Thread

Wingham NSW, Mid North Coast 10kms inland from Taree.

Question New Competition - Question Thread

Got any questions ??

Post them here and they will be answered!
    There's your opinion .........and then there is mine................C'est la vie

Hi there,

Does the initial photo have to be the exact finished scape or can we adjust it as it evolves and add/change plants, have small adjustments to hardscape etc....I'm not talking about massive changes just if we think half way through another plant may complement are scape better we could in theory add it?

Thanks for comp, intrigued to see what people will come up with!

Dave

Hey Dave

The idea is to scape and see if you can keep it alive and even grow if you add or subtract something people will be voting on a different scape than the one you first put up, so no changes.

HTH
    There's your opinion .........and then there is mine................C'est la vie

I'd love to enter... however it's on the edge of Christmas and there's no chance I'm going to have free time in only 4 days to get something setup. If you had the start date as 1st January it would allow for the break between Christmas and New Year's to get something organised.

Good luck all, I hope others have the time to contribute.

Sorry to hear that, the advert was up on the 11th to allow a little time as the setup is supposed to be simple, I mean 5 litres of water doesn't make for a big scape. But I take your point and if this is not successful we can look at changing the dates. Thank you for your feedback it is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wild View Post
    Sorry to hear that, the advert was up on the 11th to allow a little time as the setup is supposed to be simple, I mean 5 litres of water doesn't make for a big scape. But I take your point and if this is not successful we can look at changing the dates. Thank you for your feedback it is important.
    9 days is not enough time, especially so close to Xmas.

Many would argue that the smaller the tank the harder to scape or present something reasonable to look at. Also how much change were you expecting in a 5litre tank over 2 weeks?

I really liked the idea but agree that the timing and time frame allowed to present a tank are just not reasonable.

I hope you run this again in the New Year.

+1 to EI's comments!

Can some one put a photo up as i only have a phone to use?

Load it to photobucket from Ur phone then post the link?

Thanks for response,

I can't recall my password and don't have the email address that is linked with that user link to fix?

Open a new one?

Thanks for your help,i had 2 dead camera's,couldn't find the 1.0 to 2.0 cable,password problems,reload the phone program to the computer.

I thought all the work builing tank and getting equipment was for nothing.

All this running around did take 4 times the time it toke to scape the tank.

Thanks E.I. again.

Quote Originally Posted by Estimative_Index View Post
    9 days is not enough time, especially so close to Xmas.

Many would argue that the smaller the tank the harder to scape or present something reasonable to look at. Also how much change were you expecting in a 5litre tank over 2 weeks?

I really liked the idea but agree that the timing and time frame allowed to present a tank are just not reasonable.

I hope you run this again in the New Year.
    Actually I disagree, this comp was designed to be fun and easy
    Everyone on a very even playing field.

Anyone can enter and the 1 month of growth is being taken into consideration
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Scaping/creating a nano tank under 5 liters really shouldn't take longer than 2 hours. I don't know what all the fuss is about, to be honest.

Just take some plants from your main tank, do a little DIY Co2 rig up and you're on your way.
    Last edited by Plantnut; 20-12-11 at 07:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/wolfy80/otellia10200a.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Subvert the dominant paradigm!

Mine scape was under 20 minutes + 5 minutes to collect trim plants before planting out.

I have little time at the moment my busy time at work, but still made a go at,hope that i remember to check in bathroom!

I have choosen plants from my non Co2 set ups with what i think are easy care easy trim plants,i hope this shrimp substrate grows the plants the same or better than 3mm substrate,if so i think i will have half cover or better??