Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Edition of Adrian Tappin's Rainbowfishes E Book (80 more pages)

Cheers Graeme

--------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I have got Adrian Tappin's permission to reproduce the book.

I am currently emailing around to get quotes to have the book printed.

This is just a post to see if anyone else is keen on getting a printed copy of the book.

Will likely be around $90-$130 for 500 pages of full colour in a hardback book with glossy pages.

See the following link for details of the book (and to download the PDF): http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...80-more-pages)

Rainbowfishes ~ Their Care & Keeping in Captivity is a comprehensive and illustrated guide to the remarkable rainbowfishes found in Australia and New Guinea. It is an indispensable reference manual for anyone interested in keeping rainbowfishes in captivity. The book provides a tremendous amount of information for anyone from beginner to experienced keeper on just about everything needed to keep and breed rainbowfishes successfully. Detailed easy to follow sections guide the reader through all aspects of their care and keeping in captivity. The information provided covers topics such as distribution, habitats, collecting, shipping, keeping and caring, how to successfully breed and raise rainbowfishes, foods and feeding, disease treatment and prevention, and much more. A comprehensive illustrated species section is also provided.

In this book the rainbowfish keeper is provided with proven, practical methods for the successful management and propagation of rainbowfishes to ensure they can maintain long-term self-sustainable populations. It is the authors' hope that this book will assist rainbowfish keepers in achieving this goal. No other publication currently exists that brings together all the methods and techniques for successfully keeping rainbowfishes in captivity.

The book combines the authors' years of experience with scientifically researched information from around the globe. This information together with excellent photographs of most of the known species of rainbowfishes from recognised hobbyists world-wide have contributed to make this a truly international rainbowfish reference book.
    The more people I can get in on it, the cheaper it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by not updated
    Details:

Book size: 210 x 297 mm
    Orientation: Portrait
    Cover Printing: Full colour, Gloss Laminated,
    Text: 100 gsm white premium offset paper
    Page printing: Full colour t/out
    247 leaves, 494 pp
    Head and tail bands: white
    bookmark ribbon: NOT required
    Please post here or PM me if interested - I will later collect confirm with everyone, collect money and have the books printed.

Please pass this on to anyone else who might be interested. I will be posting on the ANGFA and Rainbowfish forums as well.

Cheers

Anka

Yeah I wouldn't mind a hard copy, even though I currently use the Ipad to view it. You cannot beat a physical copy.

Please email me contact details - [email protected]

with Rainbowfish as the subject title.

I will begin a list

Anka , put me down for one book at $130 + shipping to Brisbane. I will email you too.
    Thanks Winston

Have had no response. Have just emailed ANKA again.

Thank you to Adrian Tappin for this fantastic book.
    Not only the info on caring for the rainbows but the general aquarium keeping/common diseases etc sections
    are a great resource

My God, I just found that link... What a book! This is a bible. Thanks for that, Mister TAPPIN... Respect!
    LaurenÁ, Frenchman mad about Australia and Australian natives

For those that are interested in a printed copy of this book, there is currently an effort being made to have a print run done on a Facebook group called "Rainbowfish Australia" administrated by Peter Matheson. A sample book has been printed and is available for viewing within the group page. A minimum of 50 copy's has to be reached and paid in advance before the print run will be done. Once 50 people have paid, the opportunity to get a copy will only remain for 1 week before the print run is given the go ahead. This is not a scam, it is a genuine effort being made by the group to get this resource in hard copy, and has the full permission and cooperation of Adrian Tappin. The price is $180.00 and this includes postage. I have paid for a copy already and last time I looked there was already 15 copy's paid for. As i'm sure most of you are aware, there has been many attempts to get this book printed, but all efforts have failed. If you are genuinely interested in a hard copy, join the group and check out the full details ASAP, as the opportunity will end soon after the 50 copy's are paid for.
    GUMBOTRON

ANGFA Qld

I sent my money, even though I have the other copy Leo O'Reilly had printed, this one is the upgraded one with the extra pages. If you ever wanted a printed copy now is the time to get one.

Cheers
    Dave

Awesome Dave, thanks for the back up. I hope we can get the numbers. It's looking positive so far.
    GUMBOTRON

ANGFA Qld

This is a chance not to be missed
    I too have paid and do hope we get the required numbers soon.

Its a must have if your a rainbow nut

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Default The Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    This is a chance not to be missed
    I too have paid and do hope we get the required numbers soon.

Its a must have if your a rainbow nut

Graeme
    I agree with all, finally a effort that will hopefully get off to the printers, a must have for all those RAINBOWFISH nuts. PLEASE join.

Hi
    I'm not on facebook, but would love a copy - some instructions for purchasing would be greatly appreciated

Coolwall,

The book can only be purchased through the "Rainbowfish Australia" Facebook group. If you are not on Facebook yourself, perhaps you know someone who is that will join the group and fill you in on the details and/or purchase it for you.

Leon.
    GUMBOTRON

ANGFA Qld

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast