Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Edition of Adrian Tappin's Rainbowfishes E Book (80 more pages)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Was binding, not sure on excact type
    If I get some sewrious eoi I will enquire further
    The type of binding and quality of the finished item is pretty important in my opinion. Can you send them an email?
    I am trying to weigh up the options of printing the book out at work (but would need to take into account a reem of decent paper and perhaps a few dollars back to the office for toner, as well as the costs of binding) - vs - paying someone else to do it all.
    So yes, I for one am interested.
    Col

Fantastic, I use the first edition all the time. I've put it on my iPhone so any time I'm in an LFS and see a rainbow or blue eye that is the normal indistinguishable LFS-silver colour I whip out my iPhone to see what it will look like once I get it into a tank where it will be more comfortable . An invaluable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by damienfitz View Post
    Fantastic, I use the first edition all the time. I've put it on my iPhone so any time I'm in an LFS and see a rainbow or blue eye that is the normal indistinguishable LFS-silver colour I whip out my iPhone to see what it will look like once I get it into a tank where it will be more comfortable . An invaluable resource!
    Damien, can you run us through how to do this.

Thanks,'

Phil

Sure, though keep in mind I'm currently using the 55mb first edition so I'm not sure how a file 4x as big will work.

Here's how you do it though...

Firstly you need to add the book to your iTunes library. The easiest way to do this is just to drag and drop it into your iTunes library.

When you go to the "Books" section of your library you should now see the book.

Now connect up your iPhone (or iPad if you like) and when the device is connected browse to the device in iTunes so you can see it's sync status. You'll see a set of tabs along the top, go to the books tab and turn on syncing for books. If you only want the rainbow fish books just make sure you select the specific books to sync.

To access the book on the iPhone go into iBooks and then select to view PDFs and you should find the book.

Enjoy.

Damien

If you don't want to use itunes (which is actually quite easy, as damien mentioned) you can also use a PDF reader app. Dropbox is really good too: you can dump all sorts of files (word, powerpoint, PDF, etc) in a folder on your computer and it syncs with your phone through an online account. you can then view all those files directly on your phione. I use Dropbox for constant access to all my uni files--great for lecture notes etc
    Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

I iTuned it last night and I did the 2011 version, no problems. I need an ipad, as the iphone is too small but good for shop viewing as Damien says.

I would still love a hard copy of this book, but for what it would cost to print it you and bind it, you may as well buy an ipad or some other tablet and view it digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
    I iTuned it last night and I did the 2011 version, no problems. I need an ipad, as the iphone is too small but good for shop viewing as Damien says.

I would still love a hard copy of this book, but for what it would cost to print it you and bind it, you may as well buy an ipad or some other tablet and view it digitally.
    I was looking through it last night as well and I have some feedback on the new book if someone can get it back to Adrian. The first edition had a table of contents that appeared as links so you could click on them and it took you to the page. In the new version none of the table of contents can be used as links which makes browsing the book electronically a lot more painful.

Still a FANTASTIC resource though and one that I use all the time thanks Adrian!

Quote Originally Posted by damienfitz View Post
    I was looking through it last night as well and I have some feedback on the new book if someone can get it back to Adrian. The first edition had a table of contents that appeared as links so you could click on them and it took you to the page. In the new version none of the table of contents can be used as links which makes browsing the book electronically a lot more painful.

Still a FANTASTIC resource though and one that I use all the time thanks Adrian!
    Damien, are you a member of ANGFA ? You could PM him from the forum if you are ?

Unfortunately there is only time in my life for one aquarium forum and as it is when I pick up my laptop I often hear from my lovely wife, "Are you looking at fish forums again?" :-).

So Grubby I'm not an ANGFA member - though the idea has often intrigued me as have their conferences. If someone here is an ANGFA member it would be great if you could let Adrian know to bring back the links :-).

Damien

Adrian Tappin <chelmon(at)optushome.com.au>

Try that, tell him Dave sent you.

Cheers
    Dave

We just bought and Ipad and the books looks superb on it, its the way to go with it as the tablet is its perfect media.

We just bought and Ipad and the books looks superb on it, its the way to go with it as the tablet is its perfect media.

First I needed cabinets instead of stands so I could convince my wife that fish tanks were a viable part of the living room.

Then I justified CO2 by saying that it would make the plants much more worthy of display.

Then I convinced her that we needed a macro lens for the camera because fish made great subjects.

Now it seems we need to find a way to justify the purchase of an iPad to support the hobby...when will it end? :-)

This is a great resource.

Thank-you so much!

How can I help contribute? ($ ?)

Just to bring this thread back to life

A guy in Perth is trying to get a group together for printing this book
    At the moment it looks like about $130 a book

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast