Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquaholic's fishroom

Exclamation Aquaholic's fishroom

Di,
    This is a picture of my goldfish breeding room. This will give you an idea of why I am always so busy. The other rooms are slightly better but there is always lots to do.

Hi aquaholic. I just moved this post to a new thread - I thought people night like to ask you questions about your room. It's massive!

So what kinds of goldfish are you breeding?
    Cheers,

Rufus

"I completely lost it. Well, okay, that sounded more awesome than what I really did, which was yell. And by yelling I mean sending a bunch of TEXT MESSAGES ALL IN CAPS!"

Hey winston?
    Awesome fish room mate. As Rufus asked, what type of goldfish/what else do you breed? Would love to see some pictures of the goldfish.

For the love of all things holy Winston, you need an assistant, or a team of them!

Damn it man, all I see a whole heap of four be two, foam boxes, uninstalled lights, carpet & empty tanks - WHERE ARE THE GOLDIES??? That's just cruel not to put some piccies up of them, damn cruel I tell ya.

All that aside, it's going to be one very stunning operation once you get it up & running.

What filtration are you going to use?
    Chardy sippin', bitter, twisted, sour 'ol cow. Do not let your fantasies run away with your capabilities .... you, boy, are NO match for my blow torch! Boguns, you just keep on rollin'

Bloody hell!
    Scotty

Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz!

I think there might still be a spot or two for another tank.

Nice room. I'm not doing much for the next 6 months, so if you want a hand to clean up your room up, more than happy to help.

wow, now i know why ur username is so fitting.

wow,

it'll look amazing when finished!!!

My heart sunk as I had the same warehouse sized project 3 years ago.Same shelving too.
    Anyway thanks for making me think my extra 24 tanks this week is nothing more than Vanilla Icecream.
    I had just built 26 decorative goldfish ponds for a client and they were filled with Calico Ranchus,Geisha Dolls [long,pink,dragoneyes with pink eyes,swim like dancers],Actual red white Comets,Jikin,White Clouds and Neon Rosy Barbs.
    And then remember my son and mates catching hundreds of 2 inch fry from the ponds.
    Last edited by anthonyrae; 11-06-11 at 07:40 PM.

This is my middle sized shed. I don't like showing photos of my fish as that just invites trouble. Happy to post general photos and discuss ideas, fish, filtration though. This being the goldfish room, I will be putting some more photos up later.

Briztoon - thanks for the kind offer. I might take you up on that later. If you want to learn how to build tanks then I have about 250 more of them to make and a couple of nice large ones too.

I get just as much enjoyment out of a single rack of tanks as a larger room so size is not all that important.

Quote Originally Posted by clickme View Post
    Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz!

I think there might still be a spot or two for another tank.
    Yes I know exactly what you mean. 3 foot tanks are racked end on where possible and I have 3 meter walls so I can go 4 or even 5 tiers high. I still run out of space....

Woohoo Winston, you made it to 25, congrats
    Inviting trouble? Not on this forum, never any trouble or riff-raff here, you've forgotten where you are (wink).
    Well then, you won't show me yours, I won't show you mine, and they are SPEC-BLIMMEN'-TACULAR, especially the ones that arrived today, I prefer them over anything I've ever seen, even the super-spesh ones in Asia! They're damn fine.
    Chardy sippin', bitter, twisted, sour 'ol cow. Do not let your fantasies run away with your capabilities .... you, boy, are NO match for my blow torch! Boguns, you just keep on rollin'

That's a lot of silicon.

Quote Originally Posted by BettaBetta View Post
    What filtration are you going to use?
    The filtration depends on what type/species of fish I run and the size of tanks. Where ever possible I have air driven sponge or box filters too. Sometimes I just use flowerpots or plastic coke bottles filled with gravel and a PVC uplift. Air driven filters are so cheap to make/run!

For smaller tanks the air driven filter handles biological filtration quite easily so in those instances I only need to move water enough to evenly distribute temperature, water quality and to facilitate auto water changes. The sketch below explains the basic principle and the photo below that shows this concept expanded to 4 tiers. Here I am using a single Aquaclear 802 powerhead to filter almost 50 tanks. All the work is done in raising the water to the top tier so to maximise this energy usage I use gravity to trickle filter the water on the way down too. The flow does not have to be fast. The tanks are linked by water bridges and I have home made overflows. The end tank on each row has a large trickle chamber filled with trawler netting and a drilled spreader tray which drops into the tier below. The last tank on the bottom also has a drain hole but this goes to waste (vegie patch) so I can drip in new water in constantly 24/7 instead of doing manual water changes. New water displaces old water so its very simple.

On the goldfish tanks I have adult fish and growout - fry so my filtration requirements for each are very different. Consequently I use two different types of filters. I will explain more later when I have time and photos to illustrate.
    Last edited by aquaholic99; 12-06-11 at 10:55 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast