Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Australian Zebra Shrimp

Thanks for the replies all and big thanks to Rebel for fixing the pictures.

I should clarify by "similar to cherry shrimp" I meant slightly neutral/higher PH, compared to CRS/Tiger shrimp etc which prefer lower PH. Not a great comparison on my behalf.

From everything I read (confirmed by the photos too) they need super low TDS and a stable lower temp. LCA have some in stock and I am setting up their tank tonight, I'm very keen to give them a go and see if I can get them to survive past a few generations.

@Grubs do you know why yours died out? Was it temp?

Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    @Grubs do you know why yours died out? Was it temp?
    I think mainly temp. Mine were in the fishroom with a rainwater drip through and were OK through winter but at 24-25C I'd see a few deaths each week until none remain. Ben (Fishmosy on SKF) has about the only confirmed record of breeding and his are the longest in captivity I know of. Most people loose them within a few months. If I ever pick up a chiller I'd give them another go... but it seems wrong to put a chiller in a heated fishroom (where the rainwater supply is). I'm not disciplined enough (and dont have the time) to keep up the water changes that would be required if I put a tank in my house.

@sweefu, keen to follow this one along mate. Maybe start a journal for that tank. Melbourne water should be quite ok isn't it? Maybe just have emersed or floating plants only.

Award winning biotope by Fishmosy for your viewing pleasure.

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/...-tank-mark-ii/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234