Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: No Planaria-Reminder before using

Quote Originally Posted by matblack View Post
    Just used some a week ago no shrimp loses, although the number of planaria in the tank has been reduced there is still plenty of survivers .batch 2888
    Good to hear, particularly since we've got the same batch I'd repeat the process to knock the rest off.

An update of my treatment. At the 16hr mark my tank has slowly started to become cloudy. Nothing was added prior to/or since the treament started, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this occurring. Again, there's been no losses or abnormal behaviour from the shrimp. I'll leave it for a few more hours to see what eventuates, monitoring water as it goes. If it continues I'll do a 50% WC then retreat.
    Live your life like no-one's watching!

A few hours on and the cloudiness has disappeared without intervention. Ammonia is still 0.

Best of all: Shrimp are still active and feeding normally and planaria and snail numbers are down dramatically!

I think it's safe to say that I doubt that I'll encounter any issues with the treatment so long as I stick to the manufacturers directions.
    Live your life like no-one's watching!

Well, just read this thread for the umpteenth time. Was the conclusion a dodgy batch?

As I stated previously have double dosed for a week solid in the past and had no issues.

Making sure there is plenty of surface agitation is a good idea though.

I would do it again without hesitation.

I have seen it knock off snails with ease also which can cause water quality issues.
    Whatever

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567