Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Add photos

Default How to Add photos

How to add pictures ( my way lol )

Firstly i started a account at a free photo hosting website such as http://photobucket.com/, http://imageshack.us/, http://xs.to/

Upload your pictures from your PC to the site.

Then when you want to use the photo in a post you copy the ENTIRE ( i cut and paste it) section called IMG.

Put it in your post on here.

Try to preview post as if it didn't work you will know ......

Hope that helps?
    Any other bits i forgot? Let me know and i will add them in

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

I simply type in [img] and then right click on the photo I want to show, go to properties and get the net address, I copy and paste this after the [img] and at the end put the [/img] to close it.

Hope that makes sense.

This photo is at http://images.dpchallenge.com/images...ted_663427.jpg

If I add the address I can make it a hyper link like http://images.dpchallenge.com/images...ted_663427.jpg

If I add the image code [img] address [/img] I can make it show the photo like this.

Queenslander

some people can also use;
    www.tinypic.com

it's easy, simple.
    plus you dont even have to use an account.

Thanks for that!!

Kristina

Well its got me stumped , i tried photobucket , got my photos on there but transfering them to here is the problem , any help appreciated.

Go down to the code section titled IMG Code (the last option) and highlight then copy that section and post it to the thread.

Thanks for this
    Anyone know what a good size is for adding photos to the site? Obviously you dont want them too big (kill all your downloads), or too small (cant see anything). I am using photobucket - so when uploading, reduce to medium? large? 1mb?

Thanks

There is an image link button when you are posting a new Thread or a reply above where you type [IMG][/IMG] That is the code for the image. Paste the link that you get from image shack or whatever between the first and last [IMG]Link Goes Here[/IMG]. Alternatively just click the image linker button labeled "insert image" 6 to the right of the Bold button.

Hope it helps

Chayn
    Monkeys can type too. What makes you so special?

Wink Thank you

Thank you Chayn, Could not see for looking. You are a life saver.
    I hear what you are saying about monkeys.
    The world bruises us all, some heal faster than others....and some bleed to death....D.H. Mondflure.

thank you i know how to do that now

Is there a reason we cant have the "upload" attachments feature on threads? Its alot easier IMO. Not trying to be a pain here but just wondering.

Not speaking with any real knowledge but I think the reason you cant upload photos is because if everyone could upload photos you would be adding files and files onto the server, eventually requiring a bigger server. which costs money.
    I think premium members might be able to upload photos?

Thats correct Alex,

Theres also the option to be a Picture Uploader which gives you the ability to upload photos via the forum, 100 pms and a custom user title for $15 IIRC. All the subscriptions avaliable are shown under the 'Paid Subscriptions' tab in the UserCP

Thanks for the info.....I was confused too

Thumbs Up

It might look complicated, but once you get used to it, posting pictures is super easy! Here, don't take this as any insult, but I'll write up some instructions for you to follow with some pictures to show you what to do, just do it step-by-step and see how you go.

I assume from your first post you have the photos on your computer already. Go ahead and sign up for an account with Photobucket; it's just as easy as getting an account here at the Aquarium Life forums.

When you have logged into your Photobucket account, you'll see a green button that says "Upload Now" near the top of the page.

When you click that, the screen will change, and then you want to click the next green button which says "Select photos and videos".

A smaller screen will open which is showing you files on your computer. You can find and choose the photo you want to post online and press "Open", which will copy the picture onto your Photobucket page.

Give it a moment to upload.

When it says "Upload complete!", you click "Save and continue to my album"

You will see a small thumbnail of your picture on the page. If you put your mouse cursor over the photo, a white box will expand around the photo. At the bottom of this box, it says "IMG code", with some text next to it.

It will start with [IMG]http:// and all you have to do is click on that text. It will quickly change to say "Copied". We're almost there.

You come back here and right-click in the post reply box, and click paste. The URL for your picture will be pasted in, including the image tags (which are the [IMG] parts at the beginning and end).

[IMG]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/SariaShrimp/DSCF0373.jpg[/IMG]

When you post your reply, the photo should now be displayed on Aquarium Life!

Hope this has helped you out, jimbshrimp! Computers and the internet can take a while to get used to, but if you just be patient, you can learn how to use them for what you want. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast