Thread: Totm/toty q

Default Totm/toty q

OK, so I've been looking thru this section, trying to get an idea of everyones tanks and what you all have been doing with your layouts and whatnot, but I can't seem to find anything current... Not trying to upset the apple cart or cover what may have been discussed prior to my stumbling in, but are there still TOTM/TOTY comps happening, or is this something that you have abandoned for whatever reason?? It just seems some of the dates of the comps listed are a year or two or three old...

Am looking at doing a new scape soon and would like to enter it (and the current one) into such a contest. Just for kicks, you know

Cheers.

The last comp was in July and before that April, I can see both clearly from the subforum menu..

I must be un-educated too. I gave up looking on this because of same issue.
    Everything that shows for me is years old literally years. Changing settings doesn't seem to affect this either.

Nathan.

Me Too! It should be called "Tank of some month that we choose when we can be bothered" comp..

Lol, so true

Lately, some new members have developed the habit of boosting their post count (to get in the for sale section one presumes) by going through all the old comps and writing insightful comments such as, 'Wow, nice tank.'

It has meant that a lot of old comp threads appear at the top of this sub-forum. A bit annoying but not much can be done about it. The comps still run regularly, but certainly not monthly. There is one this month - entries due by email on or before 31 January.

Generally end/start of the year comp is a full tank comp, then there a few each year with a theme - shrimp, favorite plant, above tank, etc.

Harass MJay, he is the still the comp coordinator I think!
    siemanthepieman - french for 'bloody legend'

Quote Originally Posted by siemanthepieman View Post
    Lately, some new members have developed the habit of boosting their post count (to get in the for sale section one presumes) by going through all the old comps and writing insightful comments such as, 'Wow, nice tank.'

It has meant that a lot of old comp threads appear at the top of this sub-forum. A bit annoying but not much can be done about it. The comps still run regularly, but certainly not monthly. There is one this month - entries due by email on or before 31 January.

Generally end/start of the year comp is a full tank comp, then there a few each year with a theme - shrimp, favorite plant, above tank, etc.

Harass MJay, he is the still the comp coordinator I think!
    Feel free to harass Mjay but i doubt it'll do much..

Comps are hard work, there has to be a theme and usually a prize and then people need to get their tanks ready or their photos right and then you need enough turnout and then a vote.. and they take time..nearly a month to complete including voting time..so yeah...

D'oh, sorry guys, I'm guilty of posting a comment on a old post...LMAO Feb?March... I didn't realize it was an old one til I when back out of the thread, hahaha!! What a way to make my 1st post!!

Quote Originally Posted by teenbies View Post
    D'oh, sorry guys, I'm guilty of posting a comment on a old post...LMAO Feb?March... I didn't realize it was an old one til I when back out of the thread, hahaha!! What a way to make my 1st post!!
    Your second post isnt much better.
    Whatever

^Ouch!!^

LOL... I couldn't resist...
    Whatever

omg lol

Yeah, bda...I think you scared him off. Bloody bully