Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New more virulent strain of white spot in Australia

Im having some difficulty in removing some white spot in my tank it has shown up ive treated it raised the temp removed carbon. Done the treatment twice now and it still keeps coming back. Any advice also should I try another type of medication? If so what are some good brands

Waterlife Protozin is about the best money can buy, but lots of it, money that is!
    Chardy sippin', bitter, twisted, sour 'ol cow. Do not let your fantasies run away with your capabilities .... you, boy, are NO match for my blow torch! Boguns, you just keep on rollin'

How long are you treating for?

Its been two rounds. once to begin with then 3 days later.

You need to treat the tank for a much longer period so that you get rid of white spot in all its stages. I would suggest 2 weeks continuously.

Okay sweet thanks. In those two weeks would you still do 25% water change twice a week?

Yes, regular water changes are needed. I would probably be doing 50% depending on how big your tank is.

It is tiny only 25lt lol.

50% three times a week is probably more like it. Re-dose ich treatment for the 50% of water you add back each time.

Okay this regards to my tank haven't had it in my tank for a while till I've added some plants. My firemouths have only a few specs of it but can't see it on any other fish. Should I do another treatment on my tank or see if it gets worse.

Treat it now.

Grrr this stuff is f*** irritating lol.

Mmmm.....how many fish do you have?

I wouldn't grow out firemouths in 25l......need about 4 times that....even more if they are going to share the tank with other fish!

what is the best method to clean/ sterilize nets to prevent white-spot contamination?

Has any one tried the salt ttreatment method or perhaps tea tree oil against this strain?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast