Thread: Difference Between Industrial Grade Co2 and food grade Co2?

Default Difference Between Industrial Grade Co2 and food grade Co2?

Does anyone know the difference between industrial Grade Co2 and food grade Co2?
    For plants either should be fine shouldn't it? I would not think it matters.
    I was just going to get the local welding store to fill my co2 tank that im going to buy. Is this alright for a planted tank?

Thanks in advance.
    Zenith.

Not sure but the other question you should be asking is if it's alright for the fish! They share the same water, ya know :P

I think the gas is the same. It is the cylinder that makes the difference. I think the food grade cylinders are clean and up to a standard for food use. The industrial ones are not fit to eat off! I think most people just go with Industrial.

there is industrial, food grade and medical grade, the only difference is the descaling of the bottles. i use food grade cause for me the medical grade is too hard to get consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I think the gas is the same. It is the cylinder that makes the difference. I think the food grade cylinders are clean and up to a standard for food use. The industrial ones are not fit to eat off! I think most people just go with Industrial.
    Cool thats what i was after, Thanks for that Conway.
    Ohh and Ziggyboy I think as long as you don't add so much as to suffocate the fish it should be fine, thanks everyone.