Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy,sell,swap Rules.

Hybrid View

Default Buy,sell,swap Rules.

Disclaimer
    Aquariumlife is not responsible nor liable for any advertisements posted in Aquariumlife.com.au forums or any transactions resulting from said advertisements. Aquariumlife is only providing a place for members to offer or find goods or services and make no effort nor take any responsibility in ensuring the quality of the goods and services being offered.

Aqariumlife.com.au reserves the right to remove any advertisements that it deems to be unsuitable for whatever reasons without prior notice.

Rules
    • To help ensure that only our dedicated members participate, a minimum of 25 posts are required before being allowed to post in the forum. This includes offering anything in response to 'want to buy' posts. Maneuvering around this rule by making short, meaningless posts (post padding) will result in removal of your posts on this forum.
    • Threads in the BUY/SELL/SWAP forums must not contain links to threads posted in external, non Aquariumlife websites.
    • Members are not allowed to advertise on behalf of others/non members. BUY/SELL/SWAP forum is strictly for personal use only.
    • Any items posted in the BUY/SELL/SWAP forum are subject to the discretion of the Aquariumlife staff. By posting in this section you agree to that term. The BUY/SELL/SWAP forum at Aquariumlife exists to facilitate the exchange of plants, fish, and equipment between our participating members. These are users deemed to be active participants in the exchange and discussion of information on this forum pertaining to our hobby. If you plan on placing items for sale, be aware you are expected to be a participating member first!. If the staff feel a particular post or user does not follow the rules or the spirit of that forum, we reserve the right to edit or remove the thread and/or take action against the offender, who will get a private message explaining why.
    • All items will have a high-quality photo and positive identification of the item. Posts with poor quality photos and/or lacking identification of the item will be removed.Photos will be of the item for sale
    • Descriptions should be as complete as possible. For example, include the number of stems per bunch, the volume of moss, or the size of the plant. Descriptions of growing conditions for sensitive or rare plants are always appreciated.
    • Dry goods and hardware should be described as completely as possible. Age, condition, and known defects should be noted.
    “Make me an Offer” and “Auctions” are not allowed. Pricing and terms, including shipping method, should be clearly spelled out .TIP. Postage costs mentioned HERE!
    • Do not make off-topic posts in any BSS threads. If you have OT questions, please start a new thread in general discussion or PM the original poster.
    • Threads or posts that break the above rules will be deleted without notice

Some Tips
    The following tips are strongly recommended.

• State clearly in the title, if possible, the items in question. Obviously, if you have multiple items, you can't list them all in the title, but try to give a good idea of what you have for sale.
    • State how you preferred to be contacted and give relevant contact details.
    • State your preferred meeting times and locations, if possible. This will help people rule themselves out, if they feel they are unable to meet you at your preferred times or locations.
    • Once the transaction is confirmed or completed, thread starters are strongly encouraged to ask for the thread to be closed. This will signal to other members that the transaction has been completed and further enquiries will not be entertained.

Enforcement of rules

We are deleting posts in the Buy Sell Swap section that dont meet the basic rules posted
    You will not be informed about it being deleted
    If you repost it without fixing it up ( ie attaching photos ) you will have it deleted again and be issued an infraction
    Last edited by Graeme; 17-02-10 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

thanks for the clear rules,

so if you do not supply a photo of the thing you are selling the thread will be closed right?,
    cheers,
    Dylan

1X 120L Tropical Community
    1X 60L ADA Style Tank
    1X 26L Cherry Shrimp Tank
    3X 2ft Teir Stand

All items should have a high-quality photo
    Pretty much if there is no photo you need to have a really good description of the item.

oh ok. Clarifies things a bit i guess

We would prefer if a photo could be added to the thread. It's just that there has been some instance where the buyer believed they did not get what they paid for. So to keep everyone happy we would appreciate if a photo could be added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Simple, easy rules But how do you you request a post to be closed?

Quote Originally Posted by nilled View Post
    Simple, easy rules But how do you you request a post to be closed?
    A simple pm to a mod or admin is all that is needed. Most times a reply buy the original poster stating All items Sold will alert one of us to close the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for looking out for all of us.

I have recently made a thread advertising the sale of my Brothers fish tank, incuded was a link to Ebay.
    Would this make it an invalid post?

Refering to these rules:
    • Threads in the BUY/SELL/SWAP forums must not contain links to threads posted in external, non Aquariumlife websites.
    • Members are not allowed to advertise on behalf of others/non members. BUY/SELL/SWAP forum is strictly for personal use only.

Also I want to ask, say I see a bargain on ebay of aquarium equipment, that is "pick up" only and I want to highlight it to members, is it ok to post a thread stating so in the relevent state forum?

I browse ebay as much as I browse this forum lol.

For example, a brewer is selling 6kg full bottle Kegs on Legs bottle for $250 pick up only. Plus a keg you can sell for like $50

I thing this is a bargain, even though it is a reconditioned bottle.

If it is against the rules, then I won't.
    Last edited by tpg_god; 19-05-09 at 03:22 PM. Reason: moe info
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by dwagn View Post
    would selling a dslr camera here break the forum rules? after all it can be used to take photos of our tanks, etc

the rules do mention fish, plants and equipment, obviously the dslr isnt directly related but would this be permitted? I'd rather sell it to somebody here than elsewhere.

regards
    dwagn
    Normally no, but since it can be used for taking photos of aquaria, should be OK unless Aqualife decides against it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpg_god View Post
    Also I want to ask, say I see a bargain on ebay of aquarium equipment, that is "pick up" only and I want to highlight it to members, is it ok to post a thread stating so in the relevent state forum?

I browse ebay as much as I browse this forum lol.

For example, a brewer is selling 6kg full bottle Kegs on Legs bottle for $250 pick up only. Plus a keg you can sell for like $50

I thing this is a bargain, even though it is a reconditioned bottle.

If it is against the rules, then I won't.
    No problems there as long as it's not your listing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi mods,

If I am thinking of offering some common plants like java fern and filter media and equipment free for pick up or actual post cost.

Do I need to add a photo?

I hate taking pix at home, croping and uploading, I do that all day.

And does the same rules apply Inner Circle Trading
    Robert

If you are giving it away no photo required but if you do have one lying around please submit it. With equipments, yes please add a photo even if it is for free. Just so members can see the condition of it.

Same rules apply Inner Circle Trading, but we probably wont be as strict there and may let posts go without photos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i want to sell something but my camera is broken. As the rules have now changed, what can i do now....? if i put up the ad are you mods gonna delete it or not? Seems now if you don't have the pics then you can't sell the item..

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualife View Post
    • To help ensure that only our dedicated members participate, a minimum of 25 posts are required before being allowed to post in the forum. This includes offering anything in response to 'want to buy' posts. Maneuvering around this rule by making short, meaningless posts (post padding) will result in removal of your posts on this forum.
    So can any user with less than 25 posts view the forum? I didn't think this used to be the case..
    I've had a couple of PMs about things I'm selling from people with 0 posts, wanting to pick the items up and leaving a mobile number to call them back. It's a little bit unnerving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast