Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy,sell,swap Rules.

500gram express post satchels cost around $7.70 each. I charge $10 for express post and use a take away containers etc to send the plants. I think an additional $2.30 is reasonable.
    Cheers
    Bart

On a lighter note.

I sold two lots of shrimps last month, charged $11 for express post,

Realised in the morning that the containers I was going to use got chucked by GF and the garbo already collected.

Walked to my local minimart bought 2 x 2L orange juice bottle for $6 each.

Saved 13 cups in to glass and poured the rest into the sink

Packed shrimps into two boxes, then I realised these won't fit into the prepaid satchel lol

took it to the postoffice waited 30minutes, late to work, sent it express post parcel I think about $19 to $24 each.

Got home to be abused my GF for being an idiot as I must have closed the fridge door to hard and some cups tipped over!

To top it off, next day got a PM to say one of my shipment was DOA as I was in too hurry to pack and must have not cleaned the bottle as well as I should have.

So I sent another lot, but was smarter used smaller box and bottle all got there safely

So all up sending two parcels cost me about $66, abused by GF, a dozen long stem roses from Roses Only + dinner out

grand total - $180 or so
    Last edited by tpg_god; 14-05-09 at 12:22 PM.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    These people are spoiling the whole idea of trading
    You will be named and shamed soon.
    We are getting quite a list of culprits .............................Hopefully reading this you will change your ways and become a better person????

Graeme
    Something that p's me off is people that expect to be given plants for example I have a plant that cost me $6 per cutting I got it going well and had plenty to sell and some one asked for some so I told that person I would sell some cuttings for $1 ea plus $7.50 express post. Never heard from that person again. I thought that was a fair price I had to pay for it in the first place then put in the work to get it to the stage where it could be split up then people want to get it for free. I am disabled and grow plants and breed fish for a hobby so if I can sell a few plants that gives me money to buy more plants to grow.

We need to be fair with the postage and fair when it comes paying for plants. If people want to give plants away fair enough but don't ask for plants offer to pay then it is up to the owner of the plant to say it is free but if they ask for payment don't go off in a huff and don’t respond to them. Have some manners and at least let them know you are not interested any more.
    <///>< "The Original Fishman"

TPG, you just became a legend in my eyes

Well above customer service
    ps is GF talking to you yet?

Graeme
    Read this very helpful thread on BSS .
    No pictures on your BSS advert? Then be prepared for it to be deleted ( read the rules )

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    TPG, you just became a legend in my eyes

Well above customer service
    ps is GF talking to you yet?

Graeme
    There is always light at end of the tunnel....

she loved the roses

BTW I took out $150 from total for services recieved, hmm this could get me into more trouble
    Robert

robert it's members like you that make the forum the great community that it is... most of the time
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    500gram express post satchels cost around $7.70 each. I charge $10 for express post and use a take away containers etc to send the plants. I think an additional $2.30 is reasonable.
    I do the same. Use wet paper towel and newspaper plus take away container new one and not used one .
    Cover them all with plastic bag so that water don't leak out.
    Till now no proper with the healthy of the plants with this method.

Cheers
    Jag
    Last edited by JAL; 14-05-09 at 01:50 PM.

would selling a dslr camera here break the forum rules? after all it can be used to take photos of our tanks, etc

the rules do mention fish, plants and equipment, obviously the dslr isnt directly related but would this be permitted? I'd rather sell it to somebody here than elsewhere.

regards
    dwagn

Also I want to ask, say I see a bargain on ebay of aquarium equipment, that is "pick up" only and I want to highlight it to members, is it ok to post a thread stating so in the relevent state forum?

I browse ebay as much as I browse this forum lol.

For example, a brewer is selling 6kg full bottle Kegs on Legs bottle for $250 pick up only. Plus a keg you can sell for like $50

I thing this is a bargain, even though it is a reconditioned bottle.

If it is against the rules, then I won't.
    Last edited by tpg_god; 19-05-09 at 03:22 PM. Reason: moe info
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by dwagn View Post
    would selling a dslr camera here break the forum rules? after all it can be used to take photos of our tanks, etc

the rules do mention fish, plants and equipment, obviously the dslr isnt directly related but would this be permitted? I'd rather sell it to somebody here than elsewhere.

regards
    dwagn
    Normally no, but since it can be used for taking photos of aquaria, should be OK unless Aqualife decides against it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpg_god View Post
    Also I want to ask, say I see a bargain on ebay of aquarium equipment, that is "pick up" only and I want to highlight it to members, is it ok to post a thread stating so in the relevent state forum?

I browse ebay as much as I browse this forum lol.

For example, a brewer is selling 6kg full bottle Kegs on Legs bottle for $250 pick up only. Plus a keg you can sell for like $50

I thing this is a bargain, even though it is a reconditioned bottle.

If it is against the rules, then I won't.
    No problems there as long as it's not your listing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi mods,

If I am thinking of offering some common plants like java fern and filter media and equipment free for pick up or actual post cost.

Do I need to add a photo?

I hate taking pix at home, croping and uploading, I do that all day.

And does the same rules apply Inner Circle Trading
    Robert

If you are giving it away no photo required but if you do have one lying around please submit it. With equipments, yes please add a photo even if it is for free. Just so members can see the condition of it.

Same rules apply Inner Circle Trading, but we probably wont be as strict there and may let posts go without photos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i want to sell something but my camera is broken. As the rules have now changed, what can i do now....? if i put up the ad are you mods gonna delete it or not? Seems now if you don't have the pics then you can't sell the item..

if you dont know anyone with a camera.. im sure you know someone with a camera phone..

Quote Originally Posted by Discuskeeper View Post
    i want to sell something but my camera is broken. As the rules have now changed, what can i do now....? if i put up the ad are you mods gonna delete it or not? Seems now if you don't have the pics then you can't sell the item..
    If you notify one of the mOds that you are about to post a for sale thread without a photo, then we can discuss it before approval.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast