PDA

View Full Version : WTB Microworm and or Daphnia cultures....

icekreme1002
24-06-08, 09:12 PM
Thought I better make this one a separate post....

I'm chasing a new live food source cause i'm getting pretty over the effort of brine shrimp hatcheries....
From what i've read, both microworms and Daphnia seem very easy to keep.
I am especially after the microworms as I'm sure I could find some Daphnia in the wild if desperate enough.
Even if anyone knows where I can purchase cultures online or over the phone in Australia?? So far I can only find them from overseas.
The used to be on ebay, but not anymore and I cant remember who the seller was.

Ohh well, Thanks for any help guys!!!

Tom

tkdwarrior
24-06-08, 10:00 PM
Mr-docfish helped me out with two cultures of grindal worms recently, I'd suggest you send him a PM for one. If he's out, I can give you some of mine.

MJay
24-06-08, 10:03 PM
a member of angfa sells live foods-

http://www.gelf.com.au/fish/production_articles_index.html

anthonyrae
24-06-08, 10:11 PM
Mate ask your lfs to get the microworms [also vinegar eels] from Pisces with thier plant order. last year I started a Daphnia culture from frozen Bio-pure brand Daphnia. This is because the Daphnia sometimes produce Ephyppia? which are encysted eggs that withstand freezing

icekreme1002
24-06-08, 10:42 PM
unreal thanks for your quick answers guys!!!
And thankls for the offer Dave. I will let you know if I have trouble. I havnt looked into Grindal worms yet but i'm gonna do a few searches now.
Also just found another lab dude in Aus that keeps Daphnia to test water quality.
Has a ph # on his site so i'll prolly give him a buzz too...

Thanks again guys!!!

kristin
25-06-08, 05:24 AM
I have microworm and vinegar eel cultures if you're interested. I'm on Brisbane's southside.

Fishchick
25-06-08, 09:29 AM
Pisces no longer sells microworms.

icekreme1002
25-06-08, 10:52 AM
Fishchick - Thanks.
It seems the ANGFA member Shake suggested isnt selling at the moment either....
Kristin, I would love to take you up on that offer.... Thanks heaps. PM sent.