PDA

View Full Version : Replacing light of Aqua One 380 Tank

Thambili
22-06-08, 12:39 PM
HI bought one of the Aqua One 380 type fish tanks (also sold as Jebo and a few other brands I think).

I was wondering if anyone has changed the foot long light that comes in its canopy to a high output T5 light?

Just wondering if it is a straight swap / whether it is posible.

The current light bulb has markings on it saying:

Jin Long
YZ-10W D-HG
Water Plant Aquarium Lamp

The starter has markings:

PCC FS-J 4-65W Single 220-240V

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

zenkatydid
22-06-08, 12:59 PM
as far as i know, a straight swap is not possible with the aqua one tanks, because they use a proprietry tube size. you might need to rip out their fitting and retrofit it completely.

yotis
22-06-08, 02:00 PM
as far as i know, a straight swap is not possible with the aqua one tanks, because they use a proprietry tube size. you might need to rip out their fitting and retrofit it completely.

Depends on which generation of the tank.. it is quite true for some of the aqua one CF tubes to have custom size tho..

trymypride
24-06-08, 11:10 AM
You generally cannot swap a T5 tube straight into standard fittings (speaking from a commercial point) I have not seen the aquaone lighting setup personally. As the others have said -proably have to retro-fit you own
Cheers
Chris

harmaa03
10-07-08, 01:29 PM
Have picked up two myself
Think have to retrofit, however not too expensive
Getting a new ballast and lamp holder from any electrical wholesaler is cheap(~$10/15) it is getting the globe that is tricky, im currently trying to source a luxman 18w 6400k globe from a bloke in melb who has done this!!

HTH

Adam

Tiax
24-11-11, 06:50 PM
http://www.bltdirect.com/products.php?cat=16&nm=Fluorescent+Tubes&filter=5030&filter=5684

Here is the replacement tubes I ordered 2 of the first one on this page

Cheers Allan

Kyle
24-11-11, 08:18 PM
correct me if im wrong here, im not 100% sure if you can get a 10W in HO t5. its to my understanding that you can only get LO (low output) in the t5.

you could try to replace the ballast with a new one as many people have stated.

Personally I dislike the all in ones because when you want to upgrade something on the Unit in most cases they make it imposible for you to do so.

I wish you all the luck with this. :)

seanyboyrulz
25-11-11, 05:18 AM
Rip out the old stuff chuck in an LED + heatsink (a metal reflector will do) + driver and you'll have more light than required in no time.