PDA

View Full Version : help please from the puter literate

nikko
21-11-07, 06:59 AM
I have entered the wrong login details on another forum and then saved these using the 'remember me' feature in either Windows or IE ( I forgot which ).

Can anyone tell me how to delete this entry so I can redo with the correct one.
Thanks

Adam
21-11-07, 07:34 AM
Im not sure if you have saved the password via the windows password list, or via a cookie.

Try this first, if it does not work then try what I am going to post in the next post :)

1. Click Start and select Run

2. In the Open field type "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr"

3. Once the Stored Usernames and Passwords interface opens you can select any of the entries and select Properties to view the existing information

4. To remove a saved password you can select one of the entries and select Remove. A confirmation screen will appear. Click on OK and the account will be removed

5. You can add additional saved passwords as well by clicking on the Add button and entering the appropriate information

6. Repeat the steps above as needed to add, remove or edit saved passwords

7. When you are done using the interface click the Close button

Adam
21-11-07, 07:37 AM
To delete cookies:

1. On the Internet Explorer 6 Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

2. On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Cookies button.

http://img.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windows/ie/images/using/howto/customizing/48128_354x401_options_F2.gif

If you do this, you will have to log back into any other saved forums that you have on your PC again.

nikko
21-11-07, 07:50 AM
Wow...thanks very much for all the effort Adam.

It was stored via a cookie.

All fixed :D

jonnythe
21-11-07, 05:32 PM
Are you people still using ie6? I'd say that's a bad choice, security-wise.

nikko
21-11-07, 05:42 PM
LOL johnny

I am going to embarass myself with this reply, but here goes anyway.

I don't know which IE version I am using and I don't know how to find out. :crazy:

And welcome to the forum :)

MJay
21-11-07, 05:59 PM
i thought u sat in front of like 5 computer screens all day nikko??

Adam
21-11-07, 06:58 PM
I use firefox, the first thing I could find about IE cookie removal was about IE6 - no idea if it changes from 6 to 7.

As far as security wise ? One would suspect that the Government has their heads wrapped around security, and they are still running 6 :)

Still far too many compatibility problems with 7.

nikko
22-11-07, 05:55 AM
LOL MJay

I look at charts all day.

If I didn't have a travelling puter techie at my disposal I would be out of business pronto.

:D

jonnythe
22-11-07, 06:30 AM
As far as security wise ? One would suspect that the Government has their heads wrapped around securityHa ha. Shouldn't you have posted that in the joke thread? You were being sarcastic weren't you? :)

Yeah Firefox is the go. Or even Opera. But some of Firefox's extensions just make browsing so much easier. Password and cookie management is better too.