PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Swap Meet - postponed again

victork
25-09-11, 07:03 PM
UPDATE - Given that there were probably less people interested than last time, im going to go head and postpone the swap meet a second time! Next time, Im just going to set a date and its going to go ahead whether its 3 people turning up or 100 and we'll see how it goes. Feel free to suggest dates that are best for you. I'm thinking mid/late November that the moment. However once i've decided, its set.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to this swap meet and had been preparing for it, but next time it'll be on for sure.

Date: Postponed
Time: NA
Where: TBA - But probably Redfern Park at the Corner of Chalmers and Redfern St. (NOTE its not Alexandria Park like before). Redfern Park is a tad closer to the station and no uphill slope :)
IF Coming from Redfern
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Redfern+St&daddr=Gibbons+St&hl=en&ll=-33.892728,151.203804&spn=0.007614,0.016512&sll=-33.895088,151.207795&sspn=0.015229,0.033023&geocode=FYLV-v0dLDYDCQ%3BFarZ-v0drR8DCQ&vpsrc=6&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

Who: Anyone is welcome especially new members. You dont even need to bring anything to trade/swap/give away. At the last swap meet there was an abundance of plants that people were pushing it onto other ppl just to get them off their hands:) so its a great way to get plants for free :).

After: If you want to go on a LFS crawl after this is a great chance to get people to go since we'll all be meeting together here. Also I recently found out St George is closing which is really sad so perfect chance to drop by before it closes. I think its last day is Oct 28th!

Below is a list of people attending and what they might bring on the day. Please drop a post and let us know if you would like to come and what you're bringing (NOTE AGAIN -If you are new to the hobby and have nothing to bring that's GREAT. We like having new comers! Come and get some freebies). You can also mention if you are looking for anything in particular

Attending People:
Me - Bringing - Blyxa, Blood Red Star Grass, Staurogyne, Mosses, Rotala Minis/Wallichi, Aromatica, macranda (or something that looks like it) and anything else thats overgrown in 3weeks time :)
Spyder882006
Tasian - Bringing - Endlers

spyder882006
25-09-11, 07:43 PM
i will be there :) i am new to this so got nothin much to offer but i just brought heaps of IAL so i can bring some of those :) and maybe some moss if they grown out enough in 3 weeks time XD
L> Japonica plants :P

clarkey
26-09-11, 05:30 AM
Anyone bringing any rainbows or blue eyes?

Tasian
26-09-11, 09:01 AM
i'll come along. i have some black bar endlers i'd like to trade for the same to increase gene pool or they are free to whomever. they will mostly be females though i'll throw in some males. also some jap hair grass possibly.

spyder882006
26-09-11, 09:25 AM
i'll come along. i have some black bar endlers i'd like to trade for the same to increase gene pool or they are free to whomever. they will mostly be females though i'll throw in some males. also some jap hair grass possibly.

lol i would love some endlers hahaha need more females XD :P and maybe 1 or 2 male :P
i have some female endlers but not sure if they are endlers or guppies ...

emboli
26-09-11, 08:34 PM
Im working saturdays so i wont be able to make it =p
ah well, another time i guess =)

victork
28-09-11, 12:25 AM
bump. dont want to have to postpone it a second time !

TangyPlant
28-09-11, 03:59 AM
I dont think your date suits everyone lol... Appears to me that more people prefer a sunday

spyder882006
28-09-11, 07:17 AM
I dont think your date suits everyone lol... Appears to me that more people prefer a sunday

Yes sunday would be so much better :P

victork
28-09-11, 10:47 AM
ok poll is up. Wanted to avoid doing this but looks like might have to to get the numbers.

spyder882006
28-09-11, 11:15 AM
prefer 15th / 16th

but i am free most weeken morning :)

Hip
29-09-11, 01:40 PM
I'll come this time but not guarantee on what I will bring on that day :)

victork
30-09-11, 07:00 PM
wow this is looking like a smaller turnout than last time.

bump

Mr Wild
30-09-11, 09:42 PM
I can come - put myself down for Sunday 30th. Won't be able to bring fish down as I will travel at least the day before and stay a day later. I have Java fern I can bring if anyone wants some let me know. Or is anyone wants either green severums, small angels or vieja synspilums I can bring them down on the Friday but you would have to travel to Hornsby and pick them up before 7pm. Where I stay has no fish tank at all.

Shrimplet
02-10-11, 09:05 PM
Quite a small turnout this time...

Zzz... This time I've got nothing "special" to bring unlike last time... :p

victork
04-10-11, 01:12 AM
Bump again.
I dont think its going to be on the 15th/16th. And given fewer votes we got this time I have a feeling postponing is the only option. Might push it back to December or something.

Still if we get enough people 30th is still a possibility.

Evicene
04-10-11, 07:20 AM
me! me! Im comming! :)

Evicene
11-10-11, 02:04 PM
sooo whats happening with this?

victork
11-10-11, 02:09 PM
It looks like its going to have to be postponed again. With only 10 voters, I think it might be more worthwhile to push it back even further this time. Probably around december. Sorry for getting peoples hopes up.

Eitherway, feel free to drop a post as to which month/date is best for you so I can try to optimise the next swap meet. Hate to have to postpone it a 3rd time.

rufus
11-10-11, 02:24 PM
Just as an idea.... why don't you set a date and location and do it anyway? You can also make your date for december as well, that way those who want to come can arrange their schedules to be at the first one or arrange to come the next time... it's not like plants won't grow again ;)

Sometimes you just need to make a date, or (from past experience) you can end up waiting for people who may never make a commitment. Even if you only manage to get 5 or 6 people together, it can still be productive and great fun. IME, it's often surprising just who does turn up on the day!

2c :)

BellaAndAngel
11-10-11, 04:15 PM
Hi, I'm not new to this website but I'm new to meetings and stuff like that, but I would be interested in coming, probably the Sunday 30th as I'm working Saturday. I don't have plants to trade but it would be nice to meet people and if everyone decides to go on a LFS crawl I would definatley be interested to go visit new LFS as I live out Penrith way :)

Hip
11-10-11, 05:41 PM
Agree with Rufus. Just set a date (like we did) and turn up.

You just can't please everyone. Also there's no guarantee those who said come will turn up anyway ;)

pieee
11-10-11, 05:43 PM
I would be down for a LFS crawl, still new to growing plants and breeding fish, but maybe my guppies will grow enough to trade/give out at the meet if at all possible, if not it would be cool to just meet all you nice folk :P Just depends on the date as I cant vote yet due to my lacking post count

victork
11-10-11, 08:29 PM
Just as an idea.... why don't you set a date and location and do it anyway? You can also make your date for december as well, that way those who want to come can arrange their schedules to be at the first one or arrange to come the next time... it's not like plants won't grow again ;)

Sometimes you just need to make a date, or (from past experience) you can end up waiting for people who may never make a commitment. Even if you only manage to get 5 or 6 people together, it can still be productive and great fun. IME, it's often surprising just who does turn up on the day!

2c :)

Yeh i actually did that initially with this swap meet. I just set a date and asked whos coming. Maybe asking who was coming was the problem because a few people posted back asking for the date to be changed. But yes next one im just going to set a date and go with it seeing as Alexandria Park is a 10min walk from my place.

hel_fr3z
13-10-11, 10:00 PM
Being new to the forums i don't have enough posts to contribute much to the voting, but im keen on the meet up usually a saturday/sunday day. I have 2 close friends that are keen on coming along who don't really go on this forums but still pretty dedicated with their creations. they go LFS browsing on fornightly basis and we have a several of them in my area. I've been peeping on this thread hoping for a locked in date so i can attend as well, never been to a swap/meet before.

Mr Fox
14-10-11, 02:08 PM
Hi, much like hel_fr3z i'm new here and voteless, but my partner and i would definitely pop along if only for chats and advice. plus i'm sure we could work around anytime chosen on the weekend. so that's +2

Tasian
15-10-11, 07:53 AM
i'm losing track. is the swap meet going ahead? i have a few things to bring. otherwise i'll just post them up FS on the forum

victork
15-10-11, 09:24 AM
@win - Hey sorry win, nope its not going ahead. Its getting postponed again. Ill update the first post.

@everyoneelse -Please feel free to say what date suits you best, but next time once its set its set and going ahead.

Victor

tpg_god
18-10-11, 08:20 PM
Hi Victor,

Set a date and I will try to come ... even if I can't make it I will arrange for 5 starter packs to kick it along.

1 x 3cm Marimo Ball
1 x half mop size needle leaf Java fern
1 x quarter mop size needle leaf Java fern
1 x 20 RCS
1 x 5 CRS B Grade (potentially could have CBS genes) + 2 CBS B grade

These packs will be freely given away by some equitable means. I do not expect a swap.

tpg_god
18-10-11, 08:51 PM
Also :) :)

If anyone has a quality MALE German blue ram - I would like to make arrangement for a swap

My swap offer is in addition of the 5 free packs in the above post.

PS - please don't pm me to buy any of the item above :) or to reserve anything

As to how I got anything.... It was bought here in AL or given to me by very generous members.

simmy
18-10-11, 09:21 PM
wow that's very generous of you Robert !
hopefully i can snap one off you haha, if i get a chance to go, i'll be giving free plants and ferts (only enough for 1 lucky person) out if the date is good !

victork
18-10-11, 09:28 PM
thanks Robert. Thats really generous.

Will set a date pretty soon...looking at about a months time.

For those of you that havent been before but are interested, what Robert's offering is really just taste of what you normally find at a swap meet. I'll probably be bringing a bucket load of plants and some RCS as well. Will include some red tiger lotus, HC mats and UG mats.

Victor

shrimpnoob
19-10-11, 09:58 PM
HI Victor,
I'm new to this forum and just found out about this thread, i would be interested in meeting up, with my 2 other friends. We're just wondering if you still go ahead with 30th Oct meeting or that had been cancel completely? I got some endler guppies and also red cherry shrimps can i bring them along?
Cheers,
Tong

victork
19-10-11, 10:36 PM
Hi Tong,

Its cancelled completely. Will make a new post about it soon (tomorrow hopefully). New date is looking like 19th of Nov

samtheman12
13-11-11, 05:52 PM
Hi victor, is it still on the 19th? i would definitely be interested

victork
13-11-11, 07:49 PM
yep its on this weekend. See this thread http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/37373-Sydney-Swap-Meet-Sat-Nov.-19th